Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leg twitching, Pain and Muscle fatigue... Really scared :C

Re: Leg twitching, Pain and Muscle fatigue... Really scared :C

Yes, thank you!! Exactly that. I always say at work 'oh my god I'm 24 and I feel like an old person about to choke it' I just don't get how you can be this tired and this much in pain when you're only 24 :/ mad xx

This is reassuring to read. I am going through a mini lapse after 5 good years. This time I'm trying to push on with things but it gets to me at times.

This helps me. I have been going through a similar situation (minus the twitching), it's just shocking that all this is just anxiety.

I've had this on and off. The rationality is about the muscle tension when you sleep. Apparently when we release stress during sleep, our muscles tighten up and relaxes, pretty much like running a marathon. Well, just bash through it. You'll be fine, trust the docs.

It's hell but heaven wouldn't be sweet if there is no hell .

I know this is old post but did it go for anyone
    Or does anyone have same . I am having twitching and muscle pain all over plus weird burning skin

Worried X

Ellie

UPDATE:

Been about a year now and the twitches have nearly entirely gone. During stressful periods they peak and I get leg pain/tiredness again and sometimes twitching but I have realised it is stress induced. Massive over production of adrenaline and cortisol from stress pumped through the body on a regular bases can lead to long term nervous system damage. Has taken about a year to mostly recover but I still sometimes have bad days.

Despite the doctors telling me otherwise... It's much better than it used to be and I only ever get it now when I get really stressed. Sounds about right too, nervous system damage can take a year or two to fully recover and even then it can happen again if you get super stressed.

What helps me a lot now is to try and ignore it. The doctors telling me to make a "leg diary" was awful advice as it just made me obsess over it even more. Now I view it as what it is. Sometimes painful but mostly an inconvenience. Much worse stress related problems people deal with than twitching, leg pain or leg fatigue!

Also consider if you get more depressed closer to Christmas, crap weather, low air pressure, grey skies, pre xmas finance worries? I think in part the time of year may have contributed to it all starting to get bad about a year ago.

Hey Dan, Thanks so much for the update on this - I've just gone through this thread and what you described originally was exactly what I've been going through too - the twitching in the calves (and elsewhere) has been a nightmare. It's so reassuring to hear that things have improved for you. I'm trying my best to ignore these symptoms now. Stay well and all the best, J.

I keep getting an ache in my right leg

Thank you so much for this update it's really relaxed me. Really refreshing to hear there a light at the end of the tunnel

Another update years on:

I sometimes have a bit of twitching but it's superficial with no pain and doesn't tend to last more than 10-15 minutes, usually after going for a run or any activity that pumps up adrenaline and other stress related chemicals. Although the long term positive destressing effects of exercise certainly outweigh the short term spike.
    It's flared up badly recently, last night my right leg [always seemed to be worse in this leg for some reason] was twitching a lot and tried to cramp a few times. I've been really stressed during lockdown and recently had a lot of stress with COVID impacting my business a lot.

The good news: I've learned so much about what helps ME and maybe it can help you guys who suffer with these twitches/cramps/tension too:

- Ibuprofen, fantastic for reducing inflammation in the calves/muscles
    - CBD oil - some debate on this but it can help further reduce inflammation
    - Omega 3 oils - When converted in the body it also helps reduce inflammation and tightness/soreness
    - HEAT BLANKET was a life saver. I always noticed it was worse at night when in bed. Last night I turned on my big heated blanket and the warmth acted as a warm compress!
    The heat calmed the twitching a lot and stopped the cramps entirely. Being 6ft 5 maybe part of my problem is lack of blood flow causing issues?
    - "Stress less" That awfully basic advice we all hear... If only it was that easy. For me I'm realising I have to take a step back and choose what battles to fight. Do I stress over student loans delaying my payments by 6 months and banking the extra interest charged or do I focus on getting mortgage payments down?
    Focusing on the biggest "battles" that have the biggest potential to improve our life when we've dealt with it has helped me a lot especially with Lockdown stress and the troubles with my business.
    - Alcohol always made my cramps worse. Possibly due to how alcohol messes with the nervous system and hydration?

I'm shocked how many problems are caused by stress... You name it, chances are stress can/is a contributing factor. Stress causes imbalances in brain chemical production, distribution, nervous system operation and a whole host of physical problems we often don't realise are stress related. There comes a point we have to ask ourselves if we are dedicating enough TIME to reducing our stress. I don't think our brains are well designed to deal with the problems of the modern world!

I hope this helps someone! Thanks for reading

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information