Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fears of motor neurone disease

Re: Fears of motor neurone disease

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ96 View Post
    The thing about head injuries I mentioned though, would something such as a blow to the head be able to cause the illness? I've seen repetitive head injuries mentioned but it doesn't really specify how many, or how severe

Think repetitive head injuries sustained by people like football players or military personnel in training or combat situations.

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mummybee View Post
    I agree with everything Hancock said.

I don't suppose you're a BFS sufferer are you Hancock?

Mummybee
    I am. Never been formally diagnosed as I've never had an emg (neuro that I saw refused to do it and said all my symptoms were anxiety related (clean exam) and that was a year and some change ago. Since then, obviously no weakness has occurred but I've had the whole bout of bfs: perceived weakness, twitching in every muscle you can imagine, perceived weakness, cramping (no true cramps though), fatigue, migrating pain, off balance feelings, tingling, numbness, other odd sensations, etc.

I have BFS also. Never officially diagnosed because it doesn't really exist here in Australia, they just call it "anxiety related".
    Your extensive knowledge of ALS/MND was typical and telling of a bfser
    😏

Quote Originally Posted by Mummybee View Post
    I have BFS also. Never officially diagnosed because it doesn't really exist here in Australia, they just call it "anxiety related".
    Your extensive knowledge of ALS/MND was typical and telling of a bfser
    ��
    I've done my research. Too much research honestly haha. When I have an issue I need to dissect and understand what I'm up against, and I was already obsessing about the fact that I could be dying, so I guess the next step would just be to know how it was going to happen (medically speaking). And that's where I learned a lot of the stuff I use to reassure others (and myself).

Bfs is better than the alternative diagnosis, as is anxiety, but the als fear has got to be THE WORST of my health anxiety bouts.

Also, you say standing on your heels is something someone with motor neurone disease can't do. Do you mean balance like that? because when I try to do that, i can raise the front of my feet off the floor but I lose balance

Also, you say standing on your heels is something someone with motor neurone disease can't do. Do you mean balance like that? because when I try to do that, i can raise the front of my feet off the floor but I lose balance

No. I can barely balance on my heels and I do yoga, haha. If you can walk around on your heels, and keep the balls of your feet off the floor, you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    No. I can barely balance on my heels and I do yoga, haha. If you can walk around on your heels, and keep the balls of your feet off the floor, you're fine.
    That's reassuring, because I was stumbling around every time i kept trying to do it, but I can definitely walk around like that

Your fine you don't have ALS. I have did quite a bit if reasearch on it also. Also on colon cancer and heart issues if anyone wants to know. Few other odd and end things. It's sad but done times I feel like I should have been a doctor all the stuff I read sticks with me like a hobby of mine. I guess it sticks with you when you really think your dying if it.

I'm going to discourage self testing like walking on your heels or balancing this way or that etc. I once was in the store and saw someone doing this in an aisle. If it weren't for the fact I read about HA sufferers doing this sort of thing here, I would have just thought that person was just a looney.

Self testing is just feeding the dragon. If medical testing has eliminated the possibility then it's time to treat the root cause which is anxiety. Treating the real issue subsequently treats the real physical symptoms associated with it.

These types type of illnesses are about failing not feeling. There have been numerous threads about this recently (Nodes too! What is it... Node and ALS Month on NMP?) and frankly, of the tens of thousands of threads here and on AZ about this, not one has EVER been diagnosed and neither will this situation.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Nzxt27 View Post
    Your fine you don't have ALS. I have did quite a bit if reasearch on it also. Also on colon cancer and heart issues if anyone wants to know. Few other odd and end things. It's sad but done times I feel like I should have been a doctor all the stuff I read sticks with me like a hobby of mine. I guess it sticks with you when you really think your dying if it.
    Understandable, I also have ulcerative colitis and take a medication which slightly increases the risk of Lymphoma, you can imagine the googling I've done

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm going to discourage self testing like walking on your heels or balancing this way or that etc. I once was in the store and saw someone doing this in an aisle. If it weren't for the fact I read about HA sufferers doing this sort of thing here, I would have just thought that person was just a looney.

Self testing is just feeding the dragon. If medical testing has eliminated the possibility then it's time to treat the root cause which is anxiety. Treating the real issue subsequently treats the real physical symptoms associated with it.

These types type of illnesses are about failing not feeling. There have been numerous threads about this recently (Nodes too! What is it... Node and ALS Month on NMP?) and frankly, of the tens of thousands of threads here and on AZ about this, not one has EVER been diagnosed and neither will this situation.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you for the helpful words, I think you're definitely right, self testing will only make matters worse, I need to realize I haven't had an actual tell-tale symptom of the illness so I need to stop worrying

Thank you for the helpful words, I think you're definitely right, self testing will only make matters worse, I need to realize I haven't had an actual tell-tale symptom of the illness so I need to stop worrying
    Exactly!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information