Thread: Please take sertraline!! Don't be scared!!

Please take sertraline!! Don't be scared!!

I have been suffering with debilitating anxiety with agoraphobia for the last year. I got to the point last month that I was begging god to take my life from me as I couldn't take anymore torture and thought I was going nuts.
    I was terrified of taking meds hence why I've been ill for such a long time.
    I decided enough was enough and I had to be brave and try to get better and if that meant taking meds so be it.
    I halved my 50mg sertraline so only took 25mg for 2 weeks as agreed with my gp. Side effects were not nice I won't lie. I had nausea but was never sick, no appetite, loose bowel movements, feeling a little strange for only a very short time and slight increase in anxiety but honestly only short lived. I was determined to fight through these side effects as I've read so many reviews telling me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so glad I did. I upped my dose to 37.5mg for a week then upto 50mg which meant I didn't get any more bad side effects as I increased gradually. These meds are life changing. I've done things I thought I'd never do again in this last week. I've only been on them nearly a month.
    I've drove further than I've managed to drive in the last year it's unbelieveable! I've managed to actually go to the supermarket calmly no rushing just normal.
    Please anybody out there I promise you these tablets are what will make you better! I still have a way to go as it's early days but my god I begged god to help me and I feel he's answered my prayers. Don't be scared of the meds they're really not scary at all. I feel normal not drugged up in the slightest, I feel happy for the first time in a year, I smile a lot and feel hopeful for my future. These meds are gold dust! Do not suffer anymore please take them!! I don't live in my bed anymore it's great!!

Re: Please take sertraline!! Don't be scared!!

This is very good news and well done with sticking with the med.

Unfortunately, antidepressants don't work for everyone, but when they do they can almost magically change lives. Without my antidepressant I can't walk out the front door to check the mail because of agoraphobia, with it I have travelled the world.

The cognitive, behavioural - CBT, REBT - and mindfulness therapies can be equally effective too.

Great to hear :-) I am going on my third week and just started taking 75mg. Some of the increased anxiety has been rough, but your story gives me hope.

Around when did the fog lift for you? I have gone backwards so far and it has been rough. When did you really notice a change?

Thanks for posting this, I was nervous about starting mine tomorrow!

Thread Information