Thread: Does anybody know anything about parking fines?

Does anybody know anything about parking fines?

Sorry, this is a random post, but..

I received a parking fine outside my own house on Friday. I don't own the property, my boyfriend does.

My car is registered at the property.

We live in a permit only area. My permit must have blown off the dash board which does happen when my heating/air con comes on.

I can park on my drive but on Fridays every other b*gger parks in front of our house (they never seem to get tickets!) and I wanted to stake my claim in front of my own home as I had been running errands that day.

Is it worth appealing or not?

it's stressing me out and although i'd rather not pay, It's better to pay the £35 quid now rather than £70 in a couple of weeks.
    But if I do have an easy appeal i'd go for that...

thanks x

Re: Does anybody know anything about parking fines?

Do you have time for the appeal and pay the 35 if it doesn't work out? Will it cost anything to appeal? Like time off of work?

Carrie,

My partner had exactly same thing happen to him and after explaining the situation, the fine was thrown out.

While you are challenging their opinion the fine will remain at the £35 fee anyway.

If you need any help further on this, then just PM me. x

Definitely appeal. I would, you've got nothing to lose. If you appeal within the 2 week £35 window then it will be £35 when they decide to accept the appeal or not.

The Money Saving Expert website has a great forum for this http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...arking-tickets

Thanks everyone, i'm going to give it a go and appeal.
    I just hope i can still pay the £35 if I'm wrong and it goes beyond 2 weeks...

x

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie8484 View Post
    Thanks everyone, i'm going to give it a go and appeal.
    I just hope i can still pay the £35 if I'm wrong and it goes beyond 2 weeks...

x
    Hey at least you'll learn something. I once got a fine for driving in the passing lane - $100. I knew someone who knew the clerk magistrates at the courthouse I was appealing in - so the fix was in before I got there. Other than me every other person there had their fine upheld. But it's definitely worth a shot.

An attorney I had once told me anytime one goes into court they have a 50/50 chance of prevailing. That may be true. I once went into court thinking, as did my attorney, that I was basically screwed. I walked out completely exonerated. You never know. Some friends of mine like to go to the courthouse just to watch the cases. It is amazing how much they know about the law just from doing that. Good luck with your case.

Keep us posted.

N.
    Last edited by Noivous; 27-01-17 at 01:04.

Carrie, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Just say that the ticket fell to the floor when you shut the car door and you have a permit to prove that you have paid and they should drop it.
    That is what my O/H did. x

Thread Information