Thread: Post Panic Heart or Stomach Issues?? While on holiday!

Post Panic Heart or Stomach Issues?? While on holiday!

Hi this is my first post.

32 year old male

Okay so I flew from NYC to Athens with a long 6 hour stopover at heathrow. I have been in Athens for over 2 weeks and still have a few days left. I've been dealing with anxiety for almost a year. However I was getting much better until I left for this trip! Took me 12 days to get over the jet lag!! The jet lag brought back my anxiety and panic. The first week my sleeping was off and I was getting dizzy spells. After they went away I started getting indigestion issues which I still have. I have been burping and gassy all trip. I have also been eating different food and larger portions.

Anyway this is my new symptom. - for the last week I seem to be getting a sudden thump (single beat or kick) in either my stomach or my chest. It's pretty mild but I haven't really dealt with palps.I can't tell if this is gas or a heart palp. It doesn't last long and I only get one or two a day usually after eating. It also only happened when sitting or lying down. Also I noticed it after eating chocolate, even in small amounts. It feels like is my heart but I'm not sure. I can feel the gas buildup in my body. My nerves are shot so maybe my body is just off? Today I felt it right over my heart which scared me.

Overall my health feels fine. I just went for a run and added some sprints just to test my heart. Everything felt normal.

Can anyone relate or give me advice?
    Last edited by Markymarc; 23-01-17 at 18:49.

Re: Post Panic Heart or Stomach Issues?? While on holiday!

Have you been checked out for GERD? Stomach issues like GERD go hand in hand with anxiety and heart palps, because of the multitude of connections with the vagus nerve.

I haven't been checked for GERD. But the indigestion seems to come from the anxiety. When I have a panic attack I usually end up with indigestion for a week or 2. It seems to throw off my stomach and usually a probiotic will fix it. But I don't have access to anything here in Greece.

When my anxiety is in check then I don't have any stomach issues.

Kombucha usually fixes my stomach.

Last time I looked, Greece was a fully developed civilised country, why do you say you have no access to anything? Are there no pharmacies or supermarkets around you where you could buy stomach remedies?

I agree with Panicky Guy about the stomach and heart connection and being excessively gassy would definitely irritate your heart. Some of us are just more sensitive to this. What a shame all of these things are spoiling your time there.

ISB

Thread Information