Thread: Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you!

Hi all,

Registered on the forum as I had a good read and wanted to say hello!

Late thirties Male, happily married and generally very happy, am working through a period of heavy anxiety and panic due to a combination of 18 months intense stress at work with problems in the fertility department trying to conceive our first. Symptoms include some broken nights with panic attacks, plus some digestion/IBS type problems which I'm sure are the consequence of all the last couple years' stress.

Anyway, nice to meet you, you have a terrific forum full of good people and good advice!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Kayfabe and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Nice to meet you!

Hi Kayfabe,

You have the kind of anxiety that sometimes people think is no big deal (and we all know IS!) so thank you for joining.
    So often the misconception is that if you have a loving spouse, have a good job, etc that you should be "ok"... people don't always understand that mental health issues aren't picky. They can show up anywhere.

I hope here (or in other places in your life) you'll learn some coping strategies for the panic as well as the IBS.

So much of our bodies' serotonin is produced in our gut so it's no small wonder that anxiety manifests itself with gastro upset.

-Dora

Re: Nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by DoraFlora View Post
    Hi Kayfabe,

You have the kind of anxiety that sometimes people think is no big deal (and we all know IS!) so thank you for joining.
    So often the misconception is that if you have a loving spouse, have a good job, etc that you should be "ok"... people don't always understand that mental health issues aren't picky. They can show up anywhere.

I hope here (or in other places in your life) you'll learn some coping strategies for the panic as well as the IBS.

So much of our bodies' serotonin is produced in our gut so it's no small wonder that anxiety manifests itself with gastro upset.

-Dora
    Thank you for the kind welcome Dora (and venus)- it means a lot that my first interaction on the forum is a really positive welcome.

I have this theory - that I'm sure has been repeated loads elsewhere in this forum - that there's your regular dental check up, your annual health physical, but no easy means to have your mind checked up on. Mental health seems to be so neglected in comparison and it's clearly so massively important.

Thank you again for the welcome!

Thread Information