Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collar bone lymph node

Collar bone lymph node

Does anyone know exactly where the collar bone lymph nodes are supposed to be located. Are they attached to the bone much like the jaw node or are they just in the area? The reason I ask is I read that those nodes are bad news if they swell as it can signify lymphoma or lung cancer. My right collar bone is tender on the top near where it connects to the shoulder. I have full movement of my arm and had no obvious injuries to my shoulder that I know of it just feels like a bruise. I have felt around and do not feel any obvious lumps. Just a sore spot. Been like that for the past two days. Are these nodes easy to spot is it obvious when they swell an I over thinking things as usual?

Re: Collar bone lymph node

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrh76 View Post
    Does anyone know exactly where the collar bone lymph nodes are supposed to be located. Are they attached to the bone much like the jaw node or are they just in the area? The reason I ask is I read that those nodes are bad news if they swell as it can signify lymphoma or lung cancer. My right collar bone is tender on the top near where it connects to the shoulder. I have full movement of my arm and had no obvious injuries to my shoulder that I know of it just feels like a bruise. I have felt around and do not feel any obvious lumps. Just a sore spot. Been like that for the past two days. Are these nodes easy to spot is it obvious when they swell an I over thinking things as usual?
    Overthinking as usual

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

LOL I should play Cancer Bingo, everytime I get anxious about a certain cancer I cross it off.

It's every lymph nodes job to swell. That's their function.
    Feeling a lymph node raised does not mean you have cancer there.

If you are thin, you can feel lymph nodes in your collar bone region.
    We all have them.
    As long as they are not more than one cm, they are not worrisome.
    And you are probably not the best judge of whether your lymph node is enlarged or not.
    I once estimated that a lymph node was about 2.5 cm- the doctor told me that it was less than 1 cm, and perfectly normal.

Remember: we ALL have lymph nodes in the collar bone area. Only thin-ish (or older) people can feel them. Up to one cm is normal. Beyond that is enlarged.... but it STILL doesn't mean you have cancer, as Dr. Google would have you believe.
    Enlarged collarbone nodes can be a sign of stomach cancer- they can also be a symptom of many other normal inflammatory processes that are going on in your body.
    if you are able to see a doctor, do so.
    if not, try not to worry, and try not to mess with the node. It may go down. mine always have.
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    If you are thin, you can feel lymph nodes in your collar bone region.
    We all have them.
    As long as they are not more than one cm, they are not worrisome.
    And you are probably not the best judge of whether your lymph node is enlarged or not.
    I once estimated that a lymph node was about 2.5 cm- the doctor told me that it was less than 1 cm, and perfectly normal.

Remember: we ALL have lymph nodes in the collar bone area. Only thin-ish (or older) people can feel them. Up to one cm is normal. Beyond that is enlarged.... but it STILL doesn't mean you have cancer, as Dr. Google would have you believe.
    Enlarged collarbone nodes can be a sign of stomach cancer- they can also be a symptom of many other normal inflammatory processes that are going on in your body.
    if you are able to see a doctor, do so.
    if not, try not to worry, and try not to mess with the node. It may go down. mine always have.
    Best wishes.
    The OP hasn't reported feeling any swollen lymph nodes, though:

"I have felt around and do not feel any obvious lumps. Just a sore spot. "

If all you have is pain around the collarbone then it's most likely down to a strained muscle, perhaps caused by poor posture or sleeping in an awkward position. Aches and pains of this nature are par for the course, it in no way should have you worrying about lymphoma, especially after only two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    The OP hasn't reported feeling any swollen lymph nodes, though:

"I have felt around and do not feel any obvious lumps. Just a sore spot. "

If all you have is pain around the collarbone then it's most likely down to a strained muscle, perhaps caused by poor posture or sleeping in an awkward position. Aches and pains of this nature are par for the course, it in no way should have you worrying about lymphoma, especially after only two days.

Oh my gosh, only a sore collarbone?
    You are okay.
    Go look in the mirror and repeat after me: "I am okay."

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    Oh my gosh, only a sore collarbone?
    You are okay.
    Go look in the mirror and repeat after me: "I am okay."

Exactly!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Was more interested in the location of said nodes. Like are they on the collarbone themselves like how the jaw ones are right on my jawline. Or are they in the fleshy area above the bone. Cause my left collarbone is kinda bumpy but don't know if they are nodes or if it's a vein or some other nonsense. The right side is a smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrh76 View Post
    LOL I should play Cancer Bingo, everytime I get anxious about a certain cancer I cross it off.
    I should play that too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information