Thread: Twitching of nerves

Twitching of nerves

My mother has been facing a lot of nerve twitching on her back. It feels alive, because it is not an ordinary twitching. It twitches like construction workers are hammering the ground energetically and non-stop. However, the twitching of the nerve/s on her back knows how to pause itself, as if it were breathing/relaxing. Mom is now taking Ativan, but the medicine works only half-way through. Valium no longer works because she had been taking in before everytime she couldn't sleep.

I am still suspecting that this happens due to stress/anxiety. I would not say that this is normal or fine, because it has been happening for months. There is no matter for her to stress about, but a slight bump, or continuous phone call would definitely activate her nerve. When I ask her whether she can locate where the nerve is jumping, she said she can't locate it. The jumping is too fast and can influence other connected nerves.

I told her to try giving herself a hot spa for awhile, because this is what the Japanese people do after they got home from work to relieve stress and anxiety as it will relax the body. It worked for her efficiently. But recently, the continuous phone calls from our relative for no-reason at all (because it was not dialed purposely --it is not purposely because it was dialed from a cellphone, and I am guessing that our relative had accidentally sat on the cellphone or something. also i am guessing that this happens everytime. whatever the reason is) made her nerve started jumping again.

is there any suggestions that would help her to get rid of the twitching, other than telling our relative to throw away his cellphone?

Thanks for your help.

Exclamation Re: Twitching of nerves

Hi, i get a similar thing in my neck. It causes me cramp when extremely stressed out. The only thing i can suggest is she needs to relax more. It took me about 6 months to a year for my body to go back to its original state of less twitching (a more relax state). I took prozac for my long term anxiety, but for short term stress proprananolol does work. Hope this helps.

stu

Thread Information