Thread: Symptoms / signs

Symptoms / signs

A few people have messaged me and we've spoken about anxiety, we've discussed the symptoms of anxiety, the ones that come out on your body and scare you every so often or make you think THATS NOT RIGHT something must actually be wrong with me .. so I thought it would be good and helpful to find out what kind if symptoms everyone has .. it would help me to differentiate between real and anxiety rearing it's ugly head!

So here goes:
    I get a lot of pain and aches on left side of my chest and armpit - and my upper back :. They don't need to be set off by an attack they just appear when they feel like it and it is horrible, sometimes a sharpe pain or ache, enough to make me stop breathing and think, woah was that something else?!
    I have had THREE ecgs all clear and nothing has helped my mind on that one.
    I get a sensation in my chest, could not explain it! It's heavy almost, dull and pressure, it makes me change the way I'm sitting.
    I get dizzy and my vision blurrs OR I think it's blurry and maybe it's actually not.
    I feel like I could fall over or maybe I'm just about to have a stroke and I will tell myself that over and over until I'm safe at home again.
    A new one for me is an internal itch .. it's like the inside of my chest is itchy and my back like I could reach in and itch my organs, once it comes on I can't get rid of it it's horrible!
    I also get a muscle weakness like I can't grip properly and I feel weak and like I'm going to maybe pass out or something . That send me into panic especially in the car!
    I also get this thing where I feel like I cannot talk or I'm telling myself I cannot talk it's really weird.. and scary!

What kind of things do you feel and do you feel the same?!
    Please let me know it would really help me and a few others!

Re: Symptoms / signs

I myself am so cliche everything i get is generally textbook.

-I get butterflies in my stomach

-Sweaty palms

-Flushed face and ears, one of them(and sometimes a whole side of my body) will burn up like a volcano but i'll still be cold (not sure if anyones watched I.T Crowd but i generally get what moss calls "hot ear" and it entertains people, "you could fry an egg on it!" i've heard that a lot )

-I stutter, and say "uhm" a lot. it's frustrating but people don't generally care as much i'd thought they would.

-Dizzy, i get really dizzy and clouded when it comes to my thinking, i feel like a burnt out robot lol
    i get alot of other things on occasion too, like a fast heart ect. also if i could sound like some showoff i actually know why you feel some of the things you feel (don't worry i'm a fully qualified Bolloxologist, getting my PHD soon )

As far as the blurry vision and dizziness that's thanks to the lack of blood to the brain, your body uses up what it can spare and puts it towards fueling your flight response x (feeling like you could fall off is also thanks to it)

The internal itch is thanks to all the blood rushing around to important places(this can cause internal pins and needles and a kinda itch you get when you return from the cold)

Muscle weakness is again thanks to the blood rushing around to prepare for fighting it can make your muscle tingle and if you don't use them/stand still they can feel really weak(if i sit down or stand still when i'm worrying my legs just give out which is why i have to pace around)

Feeling like you can't talk is also because your brain is working to wear off any threats its in hypo mode and being able to speak is the least of its concerns(which is why we often stutter) it could also be thanks to your brain over thinking things, (i remember once when i was so convinced i couldn't speak easily that i actually couldn't for a while! x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Symptoms / signs

Aiden thanks for that post!
    I didn't know any of that! It's great to know why these things happen but sometimes I feel I look in the wrong place for answers. I didn't have so many sensations before starting to wonder if the propanolol is starting to not work as well as it did perhaps?!?

I get the burning hot feeling to! Normally around my neck and chest, always without fail freak me out! Any feeling, ache or pain and my brain starts overthinking. I took diazepam the other day for an MRI
    I have not felt that relaxed in so long, it was as though my body wasn't tensing constantly for once so result was no aches or pains!
    Can see why it's so addictive! Haha

Thread Information