Thread: Headache for over a week. Is it all anxiety?

Headache for over a week. Is it all anxiety?

Hey all,

I'm curious if this sounds like a common anxiety issue or if I should see a medical doctor.

Last Thursday I got worried that I injured my brain. Without getting too into it, I was moving my head up and down rapidly like a rockstar; dumb, I know...

Anyways, I felt very stressed out after I imagined my brain bumping into my skull, and I began to get a burning headache right above my eyebrows. This has continued every day until now. Sometimes it will go away, like some mornings, or during a hot shower, but it keeps coming back. It has also moved around from my forehead to between my eyebrows to my left temple.

I was too worried about it to attend the gym up until today. But I thought I should try, as it usually calms me down. I was OK walking on the treadmill, but it came back soon after, and I felt lightheaded.

Does this sound like anxiety? I'm embarrassed to go to the doctor because the way I'm worried I was injured is so stupid sounding.

Re: Headache for over a week. Is it all anxiety?

Yeah! I've had a headache and brain fog for months. Definitely stress and anxiety.

Are you drinking plenty of water? I mean just water not juice
    Dehydration can cause long lasting headaches.
    The more gym you do the more hydration you require.

Quote Originally Posted by J0HN_TIT0R View Post
    Hey all,

I'm curious if this sounds like a common anxiety issue or if I should see a medical doctor.

Last Thursday I got worried that I injured my brain. Without getting too into it, I was moving my head up and down rapidly like a rockstar; dumb, I know...

Anyways, I felt very stressed out after I imagined my brain bumping into my skull, and I began to get a burning headache right above my eyebrows. This has continued every day until now. Sometimes it will go away, like some mornings, or during a hot shower, but it keeps coming back. It has also moved around from my forehead to between my eyebrows to my left temple.

I was too worried about it to attend the gym up until today. But I thought I should try, as it usually calms me down. I was OK walking on the treadmill, but it came back soon after, and I felt lightheaded.

Does this sound like anxiety? I'm embarrassed to go to the doctor because the way I'm worried I was injured is so stupid sounding.
    Babies can get brain injuries from being shaken, because their neck muscles are underdeveloped allowing their heads to flop back and forth violently.
    Adults would not be able to shake their own heads hard enough to injure their brains... your neck does not move that way. Our neck muscles support our heads. You'd end up with a sore neck long before you'd end up with a brain injury.
    I've had ongoing headaches for days before. They can be sinus-related, stress-related, hormone-related.
    Please do not worry about this. In order to have concussed your brain by shaking your head, you would have had to dislocate your neck muscles, if not broken your neck entirely, in which case you'd have far more to worry about than a headache.
    Think about this: people having grand mal seizures often jerk their limbs and head very violently. But as long as they do not actually bump their head against something, some object... they do not injure their brains. Adults cannot do that simply by shaking their heads, however violently.
    Best wishes.

Thread Information