Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lump in my soft palate

Lump in my soft palate

Hey guys, I have a little question for you! I'm 19 and I'm so anxious about a "lump" in my soft palate, near my right tonsils and my uvula. I also have some small blisters (like herpes) all over my soft palate and I think that maybe that "lump" its already another bigger blister, but looks a bit different and that makes me doubt... I have tendency to overthink my symptoms and become very anxious about my health and, yes, every type of cancer.
    Now I'm terrified about oral cancer or oropharyngeal cancer although I don't smoke or drink and have good habits.

Anybody experienced some similar symptoms? I need help!

Ps: sorry if I have a bad english, it isn't my main language.
    Last edited by Nac6; 28-01-17 at 23:11.

Re: Lump in my soft palate

Are you able to see a dentist? I had oral worries quite awhile ago, I went to the dentist and he reassured me everything was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lam123 View Post
    Are you able to see a dentist? I had oral worries quite awhile ago, I went to the dentist and he reassured me everything was fine.
    Yes, I'm thinking about that. Surely I'm going to see a dentist or a doctor soon, but now I'm having really anxious thoughts about it, although in some way I know I have very low chances to have oral cancer or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nac6 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a little question for you! I'm 19......
    I stopped right there... absolutely unheard of at that age.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I stopped right there... absolutely unheard of at that age.

Positive thoughts
    hahaha, yeah, It's a little crazy but any lump it's terrible for me if I don't really know where its coming from. I'm going to see an ENT or a dentist just to have some reassurance and forget all my worries.

I went to my doctor five days ago and he told me that it was nothing to be worried about, just blisters and swollen tonsils. He gave me antibiotics but I don't see significative changes now. He also noticed that I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck wich are still the same and now my mind is freaking out and thinking that maybe i have lymphoma... I believe that my anxiety it's making me feel that i have something really terrible but I dont know what to think, I'm so anxious about my health and always thinking that I'm going to die.

i have something really terrible
    You actually do and it's called "anxiety". Think about this... you have a mental illness that is always making you think you're going to die. That sucks! If you actually had one of the physical illnesses you fear, would you not treat it? Why not actually treat the illness you do have?

I have a daughter not much older than you. She suffers from anxiety and depression. She came to me and told me what was going on. I, along with her mother made sure she got help. She's doing great now and just graduated college. Talk to your parents or see your doctor and talk about getting some help. You're too young to be dragged down like this,

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

You actually do and it's called "anxiety". Think about this... you have a mental illness that is always making you think you're going to die. That sucks! If you actually had one of the physical illnesses you fear, would you not treat it? Why not actually treat the illness you do have?

I have a daughter not much older than you. She suffers from anxiety and depression. She came to me and told me what was going on. I, along with her mother made sure she got help. She's doing great now and just graduated college. Talk to your parents or see your doctor and talk about getting some help. You're too young to be dragged down like this,

Positive thoughts
    Yes, you're totally right... The past year I had a terrible crisis of anxiety and ocd and I went to a therapist for almost seven months. It helped, but now I'm about to start a new college career and that seems to shake my anxiety.
    Everything seems so real for me, I touch my lymph nodes and they are big and painless, wich makes me more and more concerned about this but sometimes I really feel that it's something normal when you have some infection or something. My anxious mind worries and my rational mind says that it's normal.

Yes, you're totally right... The past year I had a terrible crisis of anxiety and ocd and I went to a therapist for almost seven months. It helped, but now I'm about to start a new college career and that seems to shake my anxiety.
    Everything seems so real for me, I touch my lymph nodes and they are big and painless, wich makes me more and more concerned about this but sometimes I really feel that it's something normal when you have some infection or something. My anxious mind worries and my rational mind says that it's normal.
    Perhaps it's time to see your therapist again? While it's good to know you're not alone and it's cathartic to write things out sometimes, just talking about it on a forum is not a replacement for real life help. You have your life ahead of you. Don't allow your anxiety to take it away.

Positive thoughts

Perhaps it's time to see your therapist again? While it's good to know you're not alone and it's cathartic to write things out sometimes, just talking about it on a forum is not a replacement for real life help. You have your life ahead of you. Don't allow your anxiety to take it away.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you for your words, Fishmanpa, I'm gonna change my mind and do something about it. It's hard, but it's not the first time and won't be the last if I keep things like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information