Thread: Chest aches

Chest aches

Can anyone explain why anxiety causes chest pains / aches

Re: Chest aches

Stress = tension = muscle tightening/spasms = more worry = more tension + stomach issues like reflux/gerd = pain = more stress etc. etc. etc.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So stop worrying and there go had 15 ecgs in 2 and half weeks and 3 blood tests and 8 different doctors all saying its not my heart just find it difficult when I get the pains to believe them

Quote Originally Posted by Dravell72 View Post
    So stop worrying and there go had 15 ecgs in 2 and half weeks and 3 blood tests and 8 different doctors all saying its not my heart just find it difficult when I get the pains to believe them
    I replied to your other thread about all the testing etc. I actually have heart disease, had two heart attacks, triple bypass, stents and suffer from angina. You've had more tests in two weeks than I've had in the last 5 years! AND... I'm sitting here right now with annoying niggly stabbing like chest pains which I know are benign. I'm not freaking out at all. I took some ibuprofen and a xanax because I know it's stress related due to the issues with my wife's illness.

So logically, what is the answer to your question? You answer and if the answer is as I expect it to be, it's time to move on from this irrational fear and seek help for your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information