Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: odd feeling

I remember reading all the side effects of the anti depressants and thinking no way no way no way! I had though already convinced myself that i was taking them - i was just too scared!!!

My PND was mostly related to anxiety and my fear of hurting the kids if I went insane and I was alone with them, I thought I would have to leave the house and let my boyfriend look after them if i was deemed unsafe. The HV was brilliant everyone gets strange thoughts but it is how we deal with them. Alot of people dismiss them as 'silly' thoughts but for some reason some of us latch onto them and the problem gets worse. in my view the ony way to help yourself is by seeing a counseller (and taking meds such as anti-depressants as it can help you on your way! if you need too)

The fact that I was so guuted, upset and hysterical at the thought of touching a hair on my childrens heads showed I was no an 'evil' person

Anyway i am now over that particular 'anxiety(?) fear(?) but I remember all too well how it felt.

Kate I remember reading in a mother/baby book that all you go through (physically and mentally) when your pregnant that is really a miracle that any women DO NOT get PND!!! The fact is we got medical help and we got better!

I couldn't believe it when I was diagnosed with PND I remember sitting down and telling the HV I was having a nervous breakdown or was heading for a mental illness and she shook her head and said No it is PND. i mean everything was great i had a beautiful, health, happy baby who didn't cry alot and slept all night why was I feeling like this. (my 1st son cried all night and you couldn't put him down and I NEVER got PND). the HV said when she done the questionnaire with me I got a 'no' score and possibly everything was too good at that point and something had to happen!!!

No need to feel guilty now Kate

Lucky

Lucky,

My son also cried all the time and never slept much at all.

My daughter was the complete opposite. Only woke up for a feed and never cried.

And I never got PND with the first either!

I think the guilt will last forever, Lucky.

Kate x

Maybe the 'other' type of counselling will help for this Kate?

Lucky

Hiya Lucky,

Anythings worth a go LOL

Kate x

hi lucky and kate, thanks for your message, i got real bad friday and couldnt stop crying so went to doctors, i was lucky to find a nice doctor and told him everthing, i am now on anti deppressants and feel better allready, thanks alot with sharing your experiences with me x

apriltones

Oh I'm so pleased for you, April!

Things should now start to get easier for you.

Keep us posted, wont you?

Take care

Kate x

April,

I'm glad youi got a good doctor and are taking positive steps to get better.

As Kate says Keep us posted and look after yourself

Lucky

hi lucky and kate r, hope you both doing ok. i am still feeling good, almost straight away it seemed to work, when i was on seroxat it took few weeks. Still get occasional unwanted thoughts but im able to control them better, every one else is happy too as they not worrying about me! if it wasnt for coming on here i wouldnt of took them, im doing fine too, no side effects, take care x thanks

apriltones

April,

That is such good news!

Glad that we could be of some help.

Take care

Kate x

April,

That is great news, I'm glad you found a medication that worked for you, now you hopefully begin to enjoy motherhood

Keep us posted

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information