Thread: Problems with Gaining Weight; Keep losing weight

Problems with Gaining Weight; Keep losing weight

Hey all,

Back in July of 2016 I was weighing in around 95.3 kg (210lbs); as of today I weigh in at 79.4 kg (175lbs). Now it's kind of getting concerning for me because it feels like I'm losing weight just sitting on my butt all day --quite literally 85% of the day. I've already tested negative for diabetes, coeliacs, and a plethora of other illnesses my anxiety brought me in for.

At first I've been having bad stomach problems that got solve with something as simple as antacids for 2 weeks. Now I have a problem with eating more than my stomach can handle. I try to cheat my way to eating more calories by eating something small packed with calories and try to push beyond 1500 calories daily, but some reason I just cant. I know ever since November I've given up my intense daily soda drinking habit and replaced literally every high-sugary drink with water or vitamin water. I mean I know stopping soda in general helps you lose weight, but I don't expect it to make me lose quite over 9 kg (20 lbs).

Anyways, are there any other anxiety sufferers like myself who can't seem to stop losing weight. I can see the bottom part of my ribs now pressing up behind my skin.

Re: Problems with Gaining Weight; Keep losing weight

What are you eating? I was losing weight also and went from 230 to 190 and now back up to around 200 over the last year. I feel I can eat whatever to without gaining much weight. I enjoy Krispy Kreme donuts now lol.

Stopping soda can definitely result in a lot of weight loss, depending upon how much you were drinking.
    You say your soda intake was "intense". There are 150 calories in a 12-ounce can of soda. If you drank a six-pack a day, that is very nearly a thousand calories per day that you've recently cut out of your diet.
    That means you've cut your caloric intake by about one-third, assuming you eat between 2000 and 3000 calories per day.
    Not only that but soda causes a lot of water retention and bloating. Some of the "weight" you lost was probably not fat, but water you'd been retaining.
    I'm sure the weight loss will level out and stop eventually; 175 does not sound like a terribly thin weight. It's probably a normal, healthy weight for you to be.
    People who are of normal, healthy weight can usually see the outline of their ribcages. That doesn't sound alarming.
    Just congratulate yourself on cutting out a bad habit; your teeth and kidneys will thank you.
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzxt27 View Post
    What are you eating? I was losing weight also and went from 230 to 190 and now back up to around 200 over the last year. I feel I can eat whatever to without gaining much weight. I enjoy Krispy Kreme donuts now lol.
    Burgers, Pizza, Salt & Vinegar Chips(Crisps), Breakfast Bars, Cup Noodles, Rice, Chicken, and a whole lot of fast food like Taco Bell.

But I feel as if I can only eat two meals a day. Three meals makes me feel like I'm about to barf. I try to make the first two meals as much calories I can take.

It's funny, I've been begging to lose weight for the longest time. Now out of nowhere I'm losing weight and I'm worried I'm going to keep losing weight.

Nah. It'll stop.
    Calculate the number of calories per day you used to get from soda.
    I believe there are 3500 calories in a pound. So, every day that you don't drink soda, you'll lose some weight (that you put on due to the soda you used to consume).
    If you used to consume a thousand calories a day in soda, then every three and a half days, you'll be losing a pound.
    But only until you get to your setpoint; whatever your natural weight without soda is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    Stopping soda can definitely result in a lot of weight loss, depending upon how much you were drinking.
    You say your soda intake was "intense". There are 150 calories in a 12-ounce can of soda. If you drank a six-pack a day, that is very nearly a thousand calories per day that you've recently cut out of your diet.
    That means you've cut your caloric intake by about one-third, assuming you eat between 2000 and 3000 calories per day.
    Not only that but soda causes a lot of water retention and bloating. Some of the "weight" you lost was probably not fat, but water you'd been retaining.
    I'm sure the weight loss will level out and stop eventually; 175 does not sound like a terribly thin weight. It's probably a normal, healthy weight for you to be.
    People who are of normal, healthy weight can usually see the outline of their ribcages. That doesn't sound alarming.
    Just congratulate yourself on cutting out a bad habit; your teeth and kidneys will thank you.
    Best wishes.
    Yeah it was around that much soda a day, maybe more... I quite literally only drank soda as my liquid... yeahh....

I should of also included I'm around 180.34 cm (5' 11").

I never really had water retention as a thought of my weight loss. Good to know.

Also thank you!

Thread Information