Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Struggling on medication

Re: Struggling on medication

Thanks panic sufferer that makes sense hopefully next time I'm spiralling out of control with the worries I will try and remember this.

I don't really do any relaxation things when I'm feeling ok I darent do it because I think it will draw attention to the anxiety but then when I'm feeling really bad and my thoughts are taking over me I haven't got the energy to do it. I know it sounds stupid, maybe I should set a time every day where I do my relaxation cd

Worries out of control again.. will fluoxetine actually help with this worrying? I can't stop worrying because I know when I'm better iv got to move out of my parents back to the house I brought where I hated it when I lived there before I got really ill

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Someone please advise feeling really down and low :(

Quote Originally Posted by Avm View Post
    Worries out of control again.. will fluoxetine actually help with this worrying?
    It does for most. You need to stop ruminating about this. It doesn't help. When you feel the worry starting get up and go for a walk, or get involved in something, anything, to get your mind off it.

I can't stop worrying because I know when I'm better iv got to move out of my parents back to the house I brought where I hated it when I lived there before I got really ill
    Did you hate it before you started to feel depressed, or is it because you became ill there? And does "before I got really ill" mean you were already experiencing some depression/anxiety even before you moved in?
    Last edited by panic_down_under; 06-02-17 at 10:13. Reason: fixed formating

Hi,

I'm just really struggling at the minute starting week 5 and it seems I'm just getting worse and worse.

I think I had depression and anxiety before I moved in but I didn't know looking back now I think I was down but after moving in I got worse and worse which lead to a breakdown.

Day 37 on Fluox today and my anxiety seems to be much better. I just feel quite down in general but not as bad as I have been. I'm just wondering if the fluox will help my mood as well as the anxiety because today I feel the depression is bad but my anxiety is not as bad.

Because I feel a bit better I keep thinking I will be able to go back to my house now and my partner but then I keep thinking things like no I won't because I will hate it up the house, I will hear a bang from next door and it will set my anxiety off, my partner will make me feel down again, I won't be happy up there and many more things. It confuses me because I don't know if this is anxiety or depression talking.

Anyone got any advise on the above?

Thanks

Day 50 today can't believe it but still wanting more improvement when I look back to week 1-3 I have improved a lot but still feel like there should be more improvement and still don't feel like my old self.

I have improved a lot but still feel like there should be more improvement and still don't feel like my old self.
    If you're still not where you need to be in another week or two then talk to your doctor about a dose increase.

Also, recovery is a two step process. In the first step the medication builds a base of reduced anxiety, or at least a reduced response to anxiety triggers from which you can begin step two, the gradual rebuilding of confidence in your ability to deal with life again. It is important that you not only push back on the restrictions anxiety has imposed on you but to then go further and expand your horizons. Just getting back to your "old self" isn't enough. She lacked the resilience to protect herself from anxiety/depression when tested. You need to create version 2.0.

I think that's what I need to do, at the minute I feel like I have improved but I have hit a brick wall and not improving anymore and the bad days are out weighing the good days I have about 3 ok days then a week of bad days but not as bad as I was.

Do you know of anything I could do at home to help lower my anxiety levels.

Do you know of anything I could do at home to help lower my anxiety levels.
    I don't think you're in the right state of mind to be able to do much yourself. Just take it one day at a time. There are no quick fixes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information