I am terrified of DVT/PE. Every little pain in my legs I think I have a clot. About a 20 days ago I had bad stinging pains behind my knee, and now pinkish tender spot on my upper thigh (other leg). I have major air hunger, no deep breath feels truly satisfying. I have random chest and back pains all day, upper back, lower back, shoulder blades, left chest, right chest, weird fluttering, etc. I can't sleep! Rarely does the pain intensify with breathing. These symptoms have been occurring for like a month (haven't gotten worse, and they come and go). I'm losing my mind. Physical activity isn't too taxing.

I went to the cardiologist about 20 days ago as well and ruled out heart problems (echo and stress test all good). I went to the ER the next night when my upper back hurt with deep breaths. They did blood tests (not sure if d-dimer, though I mentioned I was scared of PE) and a chest X ray and said it looked good, but clots can't show up on CXRs! They did no CTs. I am a 22 year old male with no risk factors (grandmother died of PE) but something tells me all day long that I have clots. Can someone help? I know my symptoms don;t seem TOO intense but I read that many DVT/PE cases don't have ANY symptoms! wtf? That's terrifying.