Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol anxiety AGAIN!

Alcohol anxiety AGAIN!

So we are going to the dog races tommorow night for my girlfriends grandads birthday and everyone will be drinking so no point saying ill stay sober or take it easy because once ive started thats it.im sat here now worried and anxious about how shitty sunday is going to be and the bed ridden anxiety will be back in full force.ive not fully recovered from sunday the last binge i know how awful my day is going to be and ill be back in that dark place again.my anxiety is high anyway so i will drink before we even go to settle me down and then everything gets forgotten about and thrown out the window.my girlfriend understands what im going through and says she can make an excuse to everyone why i cant go but then im anxious about what her family will think of me as they only get together 1nce every few years.before anyone chirps up with'just dont drink'thats never going to happen.why can i not even make an effort to try and control the drinking even by slightly limiting it!after a few pints the anxiety is forgotten along with any fears what the next day will bring.it sounds soft and if you havent gone through this it is absoloute hell.once i woke from a coma unable to walk or talk after a huge brain injury but this alcohol anxiety is much scarier and unrelenting sat there unable to stop my head racing and panicing about absoloutely nothing.i know what is coming and i am still stupid enough to do it what will it take to get through to my thick head!

Re: Alcohol anxiety AGAIN!

You were once in a coma because of excessive drinking, and you're posting here asking people not to bother telling you not to drink too much? So what is it you're actually asking us to do? Are you asking us to advise the best hangover treatment? Not sure what you're asking sorry.

ISB
    Last edited by Catherine S; 04-02-17 at 18:53.

[QUOTE=I still Believe;1643672]You were once in a coma because of excessive drinking, and you're posting here asking people not to bother telling you not to drink too much? So what is it you're actually asking us to do? Are you asking us to advise the best hangover treatment? Not sure what you're asking.

By the way, didn't a school teacher somewhere in your past, show you how to use full stops and commas when writing? Without these it's really difficult reading your post sorry.

Who said i was in a coma because of drinking?i was assaulted.i left school at an early age i didnt realize this was an english class.im in a bad place and it helps to get it off my chest im sorry if i have offended anyone thats the last thing i intended

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    Aaah, have just seen the past threads. Wind up much? Late night/early hours always brings out the dregs, even in cyberspace!
    ?

---------- Post added at 01:50 ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Matylane,

I know you only post here to vent. I know that there's nothing anyone can say to change your life path and your choices. My question/concern is what positive purpose it serves for you to do so?

You're clearly on a path to self destruction and it may serve as a negative catalyst to other members. Seeing someone so bent on a negative path can only serve to increase the anxiety of others.

IMO, perhaps reconsidering your participation on the forum based on your situation something to ponder and consider for yourself as well as others.

Positive thoughts
    I never thought of it like that i didnt want that effect on others i dont fully understand the functioning of this forum im sorry.i have never spoken so openly before anyone who knew me would never know these where my words and would laugh at me and tell me to man up.i wont post on here anymore im sorry if my posts have made anyone anxious.i know one of the effects brain damage has had on me is made me selfish and this is just another prime example

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 ----------

How do i close my account i cant seem to do it

Right ive just admitted im in the wrong i didnt think of the ramifications of what i was writing.could you please explain to me how to delete my account?ive posted on here numerous times before and nobody has ever made me realise im being a ****.there is no advice on how to deal with an anxiety hangover but like i say it selfishly just helped me to get it off my chest i didnt think of how it would affect others

---------- Post added at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

I have obviously been posting in the wrong place i didnt realise this because nobody has ever explained

I have been posting here for years i wish someone had told me sooner.i do have extreme anxiety that makes me near housebound but ive only posted here after a binge when im at my lowest.i have sent the admins a message asking for my account to be deleted

Nobody has to read your posts if they don't want to. Try getting some Vallium from the doc. Take it instead of booze before and during these social occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    Nobody has to read your posts if they don't want to. Try getting some Vallium from the doc. Take it instead of booze before and during these social occasions.
    Thanks dave ive never tried diazepam for my anxiety im currently on 20mg fluoxitine and 10 mg mertrazipine at night but theyre useless.ive tried countless meds over the years but so far nothing has worked for me

Maty,

I greatly dislike this "for the good of the forum" garbage argument. It comes out from some with repetitive posters and I would suggest it is discarded as this place is full of triggers. If some don't want to read it, as Dave says...and Admin have said exactly the same on multiple occasions but some just won't listen which is ironic when the same people are saying that about the posters.

You've explained before that your anxiety is about social occasions, hence using this board, and that your anxiety came after being attacked leaving a pub which left you in a coma and with brain damage. It doesn't take much understanding of anxiety to work out why!

Don't allow the odd person who disapproves push you off the forum. It's based on ignorance anyway. Admin have always opposed these individual views and promoted the forum as available to all.

It is hard knowing what to say to you. If the forum is a reassurance seeking problem, there is an argument for tackling that, but you always post after the event. On this basis, I don't expect simply leaving with clear up the true problems.

Alcohol is self medicating for you but the real issues lie underneath. Alcoholism often accompanies mental health conditions, as does any substance abuse, so these forums are still relevant and we do have such people on here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    Based on the OP's behavior and habits, benzos should be avoided.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I really do appreciate the reply terry thanks.i have only ever posted on here as you say after an event but this time im sat up at this time of night unable to sleep anxious about what is going to happen tommorow.i dont even know myself why i post on here because its the same thing over and over that i keep doing to myself.the only way i can avoid not having a drink tommorow is not going at all and the anxiety from not attending the birthday will last a lot longer than the few days of alcohol anxiety.it is definately a social thing i never just sit and drink at home.im getting worse after every binge ive done it for about ten years now i wish i could find an answer.even my gp says its really difficult he hasnt ever dealt with my type of anxiety after a brain injury so its just pot luck if i find a med that might help a bit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information