Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Major anxiety over ALS

Major anxiety over ALS

So my symtoms started about 4 weeks ago started on
    Nightshift I'm a nurse. Sore wrist that went away then numbness in my right hand, then noticed what I think is atrophy in my right wrist, legs aching when this first came on but I admit that could be from the panic attacks. The hand got a bit better and I think phhhhewwww Als doesn't get better. I signed myself up to a als forum people who have als say I don't have als. I've seen 3 GPS who aren't interested barely even examined me. I've now got twitching all over my legs stiffness feeling in my right thumb.right foot feel like I'm having to concentrate to walk, right now looks buzzing like a phones inside it. I'm freaking out so much that if someone told me it was MS it would be releif because already I won't be dead in a few years with that. This is now consuming my whole life. At work in the cupboard looking up MND als, on my break lookingnit up on my time off looking it up. I've had anxiety my whole life.. the health anxiety I think triggered by a breast lump that was a real lump but turned out it wasn't cancer. I can't calm down I honestly believe I have this 100 percent.im testing my strengths all the time.. measuring my legs my hand is so scary I will post a photo once people say what they think. I'm terrified. I also had a two day period of blurred vision in my right away but that's since resolved.

Re: Major anxiety over ALS

Nothing that you've said sounds like ALS . Calm down and enjoy life!

Numbness is not part of ALS. ALS is failing not feeling.

Nothing youve said sounds like ALS at all.

Agreeing with everyone. If 3 docs weren't concerned enough to check you out completely, you're fine.

I feel like this has totally consumed me. I've seen so many gps no one is concerned said that als doesn't present like this. But I'm feeling like I'm walking funny like I'm really lifting my right leg though my leg is as strong as it's ever been can still push my partner up on them that type of thing no weakness in my feet that I know off. I just feel shakey and weak all over it's horrible I wish someone could just take his from me. I've started sertraline and propranolol it's not helping at all just now I'm signed off work now as I'm far to anxious to work. Has anyone else been through and actually came out the other side ?

You might be paying way too much attention to your body. I went through an ALS spiral (we always seem to get so anxious about the super rare, fatal ones huh?)

Please trust your doctors. Especially multiple ones.

Also, sertraline does take up to a month to work sometimes so give it time!

Everyone that's replied to you so far has seen the light at the end of the tunnel and stopped letting this irrational fear consume their life. You'll be alright.

You don't have ALS.

Today my whole body is shaking when I stand up my legs are like jelly my arms are shaking when I use them for something like it's not just a feeling there phyisically shaking when I use them. I know this could
    Be anxiety related but it's constant everyday I feel more weak. Has anyone else had this or is this the early sign of weakness in my muscles

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information