Thread: Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts

In October, I had some pain in my right side. I had an ultrasound (transvaginal). It found two cysts on my left side, small and fluid filled. I was told nothing to worry about--yeah right, I'm still worried. In December due to some other issues, I went back in (I have a very long thread on why I went back in). The cysts were still there according to the transvaginal scan. So many online sources say that the cysts should resolve in 2-3 cycles. Clearly mine had not. I'm scared to death that they are malignant and that's why they didn't go away.

Has anyone had cysts persist for a long time that were not anything horrible? I'm debating going back in to make sure we aren't missing ovarian cancer. Scared to no end over all this.

Re: Ovarian Cysts

If it would really help reassure you then i see no harm in going back in just to make sure for your own sake, i have had a few thanks to an underlying condition i have, i did read up on it and it says that they can last for a few months, i feel like if it was concerning doctors would of sent you for more tests x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Fluid-filled cysts are common- almost universal.
    They are known as "simple cysts" and are never a cause for alarm.
    Solid cysts on the ovaries are known as "complex cysts" and are more troubling; they require watching. But even so, they are generally benign.
    Your fluid-filled cysts are nothing to worry about. They will either rupture on their own (causing brief, sharp pain) or will eventually be re-absorbed into your body.
    At any given time, MOST women of reproductive age will have one or more fluid-filled cysts.
    best wishes.

Thank you both. Truly. That's what I kept telling myself. I'm ok. They are ok. My doctor isn't worried. I need to chi. Easier said than done. I'm just frustrated knowing they MAY still be there. I'm also urinating like crazy so my brain is off and running. I'm sure that's due to all the stupid anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by SighNoMore View Post
    Thank you both. Truly. That's what I kept telling myself. I'm ok. They are ok. My doctor isn't worried. I need to chi. Easier said than done. I'm just frustrated knowing they MAY still be there. I'm also urinating like crazy so my brain is off and running. I'm sure that's due to all the stupid anxiety.
    They may still be there.
    You will have to make peace with that.
    If they do not rupture, it will take them awhile to re-absorb.
    Or NEW ones might be there.
    But this is how our reproductive systems work.
    They are complicated, they are both a blessing and a curse.
    We are able to have children, to bring new life into the world. That is the blessing.
    But it is complicated, and all sorts of unexpected hitches are constantly arising with our reproductive systems. that is the curse.
    I believe that after menopause, things will be easier and more straightforward. Until then, we will just have to deal with the craziness.
    I am sorry you're afraid. Please don't be. All is well. truly.

Best wishes.

GlassPinata, you are so good for my heart and soul. I keep trying to remind myself of those truths, and yet, the what if side is winning.

I did wonder if they are new and my left side is just getting the bum luck of getting noticed. It is just so maddening and making me insane.

Definitely a blessing and sometimes a curse. So very true and wise.

Thread Information