Thread: Brain Tumour or Anxiety?!?!

Brain Tumour or Anxiety?!?!

I have the worst Health Anxiety about any little niggle I get which in itself is horrible, but my son has been feeling off for the last 3 months and I'm beside myself with worry about him!! He has these weird nauseous feelings randomly which started over 3 months ago when he was running around and suddenly felt sick (we had all had dodgy tummies that week so put it down to being a bug of some sort). Anyway, for a good week or so he had these waves of nausea but was never sick, then it seemed to subside for another week. Then we took a road trip and he got car sick (well, we assume it was car sickness - there were windy roads involved!). Since then he's never been right. Lately there seems to be a pattern as to when he feels icky. We always know when he's feeling off when he reaches for his water bottle (which is now like a comforter to him I think). He seems to grab his drink when getting dressed in the morning, when leaving the house, when walking in to school, sometimes when leaving school at the end of the day, and when we walk the dog. At home he seems fine. Tiredness seems to make symptoms worse, especially if he gets up early after not much sleep (he's never needed a lot of sleep - he could stay up all night given half the chance!). Numerous Dr's have seen him including a private paediatrician. He's has had various diagnosis of reflux, a lingering bug and anxiety but has never had any tests done, except for a neurological exam which the paed did and he said it was perfect. He's now being referred for mental help through the school as he says he hates school which he only moved to in May following a house move, but I can't help worry that he has a brain tumour!! The Paed said he could have an MRI of his neck and head if the nausea got worse over Xmas, which it didn't, so he said it sounded like Anxiety. My Dr also dismissed the MRI idea. Am I just being a majorly paranoid mother?! Should I just wait it out until we have seen the psychologist?! He's off sick today with a cold and is full of beans (although just started to complain of a headache which has sent me over the edge with worry - but then he does have a nasty cold so probably related to that!). The only time he's actually vomited over the last 3 months is when he had a sickness bug a few weeks ago which he kindly passed on to me! Thanks for any help you can offer to this worried mum!
    Last edited by pest; 07-02-17 at 14:12.

Thread Information