Thread: One for the ladies , has any seemed to have lost a cup size the older you get ??

One for the ladies , has any seemed to have lost a cup size the older you get ??

Hi everyone,

I was looking for new underwear , as I need some for my holidays .. The bra tops which goes on dress size the straps are too big ... Well ordered the size (which goes in cup sizes) I thought I was , all what's changed is the band size ... Got the bra and it was far too big , which I wasn't best pleased .. I seemed to have lost a cup size somewhere... Not understanding where it has gone to , as I haven't lost weight or anything ... I properly measured myself with the measuring tapes and yeah my boobs have got smaller ... Not sure if it's cos I'm getting older and I'm 40 now ... Has anyone else's got smaller ?? Do you know the reason why ?? ...

TIA

Re: One for the ladies , has any seemed to have lost a cup size the older you get ??

My mothers boobs went from an E back to a DD
    Breast composition gradually shifts with age from more glandular tissue to more fatty tissue and becomes smaller, and then if your body decides it needs to store fat it will take some from your boobs which is not uncommon

All the best x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: One for the ladies , has any seemed to have lost a cup size the older you get ??

It also depends where you buy your bras. I can buy them the same size from 2 different places and one fits and the other doesn't.

I always thought they got bigger when you got older. Darn it. Just kidding, I've read it's quite common for women my age (28) to have dense breasts and less common when they get older. Maybe this loss of density can cause a decrease in cup size?

My breasts got a cup size smaller after breastfeeding, they definitely got more squishy as apposed to firm so maybe it is tissue changes.

Thread Information