Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you get STD's from toilet water splash back?

Re: Can you get STD's from toilet water splash back?

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    If the toilet water had waste in it that splashed into you pants is what I mean. Hard to describe lol
    I've never known anyone to get an infection from water splashed when dropping a bomb if you know what I mean ~lol~

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have had a few UTIs. Without going into detail they were all caused by Ecoli. My doctor told me that it was possible that when I used a public toilet that wasn't clean ecoli may have been present in the toilet bowl thus causing one of my UTIs. The others I could account for.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    I have had a few UTIs. Without going into detail they were all caused by Ecoli. My doctor told me that it was possible that when I used a public toilet that wasn't clean ecoli may have been present in the toilet bowl thus causing one of my UTIs. The others I could account for.
    Is it a bit like wiping the bum and touching the vagina with the dirty paper? How long would it live in the water from yourself or a previous person?

If a doctor told you threat you coould get a UTI from a toilet then they should lose their liscence.

Quote Originally Posted by PASchoolSyndrome View Post
    If a doctor told you threat you coould get a UTI from a toilet then they should lose their liscence.

Word.

Is it a bit like wiping the bum and touching the vagina with the dirty paper?
    Which is why females are taught, from the time they are potty-trained, to wipe from front to back.

I don't know how long it lives for Terry, I do know it isn't long.

My doctor doesn't need to worry about losing his licence he retired a couple of years ago lol

Yea the odds of that happening are astronomical. Unless there was just pure liquid sh%$ in toilet lol. But I'm a dude I'm rarely vulnerable for that to happen.

Haha no you would literally need to to take what ever fecal matter was in the toilet and manually insert it into your urethra to transmit and infection. It's not even the odds being astronomical you would have to literally infect yourself. And if "but what about the splashing!" If that toilet was destroyed by a previous owner who forgot to flush, simply flush.

I'm sorry the liscense thing came off rude lol, but that is just such false information do not spread that around.

Yes, I'm also sorry if I came off as harsh. But the world is scary enough (especially to those with health anxiety) without the spreading of false and/or outdated information about how disease and infection are transmitted.
    We can scarcely avoid using common toilets at some point in our lives, and I don't want to think, nor do I want others to think, that this is a way that UTIs or STDs are transmitted, as I do not believe this is the case.

In my understanding, UTIs are generally caused by improper, back-to-front wiping (carrying e coli germs from the rectum to the urethra) and sex, where e coli germs and other bacteria can be pushed into the urethra by friction.

Best wishes.

No no and no. Bacteria need a specific environment to live in, and toilet paper and bathroom seats are a thing.

Don't doubt the disgustingly-ness that is a public bathroom. I won't even put my purse on a floor. But please do NOT forget science is a thing and you CANNOT get a UTI or an STD from toilet paper or the toilet seat. Agree with GlassPinata, the world is scary enough without lies and outdated information being passed. The fact that this is still a discussion gives me more anxiety than anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information