Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ive really tried :(

Ive really tried :(

Hello again everyone.

Im still struggling this end with coughing and shoulder pain. Ive tried to not message or look on NMP but I seriously need someone to talk to, im petrified beyond belief. This is something sinister now as the symptoms are persistent and i am losing the will to live, sounds strange when I really dont want to die!

Im spiralling so out of control its even scary to me!! Ive taken the PPI as directed by the GP. Ive stopped smoking now for a week and im still facing lung cancer diagnosis!! Ive been taking my citralopam also and i know they take a while to work. Ut im GENUINELY concerned for my sanity and safety!

I might be over reacting but im so scared right now, im just not myself, I am so low and worried, I cant function or focus on anything besides lung cancer and what my options are and if im terminal!

Please dont judge me or say im crazy, i just need a friend right now!

Re: Ive really tried :(

Who has told you that you're facing a lung cancer diagnosis, Kay? Your GP, a hospital doctor or your health anxiety?

When you saw the GP did he/she at any stage mention the potential for lung cancer? Did he/she recommend an urgent chest x-ray? Was he/she worried by your physical symptoms?

Or were you advised to get help for your anxiety?

It's a long hard road and citalopram will obviously increase your anxiety to begin with. However, you do need to trust your GP who would be pretty clued up on malignant lung conditions.

I know this won't have helped you because only you can do that but I do want to give you support through this if I can.

Would you be helped by having another chest x-ray? Would this convince you that you don't have lung cancer or would you then assume that a CT scan would have been a better diagnostic tool etc etc?

Hi Pulisa

Thanks for trying to help.

I am seeing the GP again on Feb 20th, when I last saw her she said it might be reflux but these PPI's arent working , I feel exactly the same and the anxiety is just so extreme I cant cope!

Shoulder is a dull ache and the cough is still here after months. Throat is tight and dry and im now breathless too, just walking up the stairs and im puffing away!! Im eating so mu h because im not smoking and im just so upset with it all!

Im going to ask the GP for a xray when I see her, something is clearly not right with me.

Do you think you would need to ask the GP for an x ray if she felt something was really wrong with you though? Wouldn't she have sent you for one urgently when you saw her a couple of weeks ago?

I guess so but GP's can get it wrong also

What makes it worse is that I read a lady in her mid 50's just been diagnosed with lung cancer and al her symptoms were the same as mine!!!! Shoulder pain and coughing..... I am seriously loosing the will here, should I just go to A&E?

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    What makes it worse is that I read a lady in her mid 50's just been diagnosed with lung cancer and al her symptoms were the same as mine!!!! Shoulder pain and coughing..... I am seriously loosing the will here, should I just go to A&E?
    Hi Kay that's the trouble you are comparing your self with others and I can see that it's driving you to despair by all means talk to your GP get a X-Ray done get the results back and then put it to bed honestly it's the WTG other wise you will be posting this in 12 months time and I know you don't want that stop reading about the symptoms that other people have Ahh Cheers

I know - so petrified now.....chillled to the bone with fear! - Dr gave her 12 months......GREAT!
    Last edited by Kay8010; 13-02-17 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    I know - so petrified now.....chillled to the bone with fear! - Dr gave her 12 months......GREAT!
    While I don't suffer from HA I Know what you must be going through. Do your self a favour please don't read any more stuff like what you have mentioned it's not doing you any good, make that appointment with your GP Please Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    While I don't suffer from HA I Know what you must be going through. Do your self a favour please don't read any more stuff like what you have mentioned it's not doing you any good, make that appointment with your GP Please Cheers
    Thanks - next week I see her (if I still survive)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information