Thread: Where to start with rehoming?

Where to start with rehoming?

Yes I am for once asking about my little bundle of joy instead of me
    I have a lurcher cross, friendly as anything and loves cuddles. all in all she's a pretty great companion but unfortunately since all the issues with my dad and mist of my siblings moving on its just me my mother and one of my brothers atm, and constantly walking her/dealing with her (she has moderate anxiety) is getting too hard for my mum and its really affecting her mental state, I know its for the best and am totally on board however I don't know where to start with trying to re-home her so was wondering if any of you lovely people had any tips?
    Much appreciated x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Where to start with rehoming?

Aiden sorry to hear this it's never easy but you could try Paws I think it is they have a net work of dog walkers and pet sitters who could help you, and it's free!! I too have a dog she is very demanding at times, but well trained and loved she is now 10 years old rehoming her is not a option since I have known her from 8 weeks old Best friend I have ever had and never let me down yet Hope you get sorted though. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Aiden sorry to hear this it's never easy but you could try Paws I think it is they have a net work of dog walkers and pet sitters who could help you, and it's free!! I too have a dog she is very demanding at times, but well trained and loved she is now 10 years old rehoming her is not a option since I have known her from 8 weeks old Best friend I have ever had and never let me down yet Hope you get sorted though. Cheers
    Thank you bigboy! i've had her since she was a puppy so it is rather hard, i lost my greyhound in 2014 that i had for 7 years she really was family which was rather hard and now i come to think about it losing her and my dad having a heart attack was when my anxiety really set off,

unfortunately since my dad went awol and thought he could just fu*k off(pardon my language) my mum has had to start searching for work despite her age and its stressful enough, i would make sacrifices and walk her myself but i have no choice when it comes to having to go to college, it does rather suck but the best i can do is find her a worthy home because she is a real sweetheart x

Take advice from a greyhound /lurcher rescue in your area. There are quite a few of them all over the country

I never thought of that thank you!
    i was struggling to think of where to start because shes a lurcher cross so i'll defo start with those two thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden01 View Post
    Thank you bigboy! i've had her since she was a puppy so it is rather hard, i lost my greyhound in 2014 that i had for 7 years she really was family which was rather hard and now i come to think about it losing her and my dad having a heart attack was when my anxiety really set off,

unfortunately since my dad went awol and thought he could just fu*k off(pardon my language) my mum has had to start searching for work despite her age and its stressful enough, i would make sacrifices and walk her myself but i have no choice when it comes to having to go to college, it does rather suck but the best i can do is find her a worthy home because she is a real sweetheart x
    Aww it's really hard I know hopefully she will be rehomed close to you so you could still see her which would be nice cause dogs never really forget their previous owner(s( I wish you well with this give her a gentle hug from me and my girl Nipper XX Cheers

Sorry to bump this up but just wanted to add that i have found her possibly the dream home,
    there's a Lurcher rescue center near us who give them to foster people until they find a home rather than keep them in a kennel, they pay for their microchipping and spaying so she's all set there, and her foster family is great! they have two other dogs that she loves to bits and she's already settling in nicely(she gets to sleep on the bed so safe to say shes chuffed as chips ) it is rather sad and i'll probably have a little cry over it later but i know deep down she's somewhere better and she's more happy x

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden01 View Post
    Sorry to bump this up but just wanted to add that i have found her possibly the dream home,
    there's a Lurcher rescue center near us who give them to foster people until they find a home rather than keep them in a kennel, they pay for their microchipping and spaying so she's all set there, and her foster family is great! they have two other dogs that she loves to bits and she's already settling in nicely(she gets to sleep on the bed so safe to say shes chuffed as chips ) it is rather sad and i'll probably have a little cry over it later but i know deep down she's somewhere better and she's more happy x
    It's ok and Iam sorry to hear this Aiden, glad she is settling nicely and with the other dogs too Aww you must go and see her from time to time, No you cant say that. I believe you did give her a nice home for how ever long she was with you so take comfort in that she was loved by you that's for sure Cheers

Thank you
    She's about 2-3 hours away so I can visit from time to time at some point x

That's really good news

Thread Information