Thread: Microscopic blood in urine, frequency, no bacteria

Microscopic blood in urine, frequency, no bacteria

Hi everyone

Its been a good couple of years between health anxiety attacks. What is freaking me out this time around is i got symptoms then i got anxious whereas normally i get symptoms after being anxious for a period of time.

So im 44 now and went to the doctor 3 weeks ago after a non typical uti. I get loads of them but this was first in a while. Symptoms bit different to normal. Discomfort and frequency/uregency but no pain. Came on about 3 days after sex which is also unusual. Anyway urine results showed no bacteria but high white and red blood counts. My mainstream bloodwork came back normal bar low iron (im vego). They retested to double check. Npw i have ultrasound booked.

Im obsessing over ovarian cancer and bladder cancer - its consumed me. With a 5 and a 6 year old and separated its even scarier. I need bringing down i cant stop crying and my kids are due home soon.

I wondered if anyone else had displayed similar symptoms? What happened? The blood particular worries me as i know anxiety could account for frequency.

E

Re: Microscopic blood in urine, frequency, no bacteria

DI'd you ever get to bottom of this I've had this for 4 weeks . I'm absolutely terrified and haven't stopped crying and can't eat .

I had microscopic blood in my urine. Scared the heck outta me. Had a camera inserted into my bladder, nothing there.
    Turns out this is normal for some people?

Quote Originally Posted by devonbevon View Post
    Hi everyone

Its been a good couple of years between health anxiety attacks. What is freaking me out this time around is i got symptoms then i got anxious whereas normally i get symptoms after being anxious for a period of time.

So im 44 now and went to the doctor 3 weeks ago after a non typical uti. I get loads of them but this was first in a while. Symptoms bit different to normal. Discomfort and frequency/uregency but no pain. Came on about 3 days after sex which is also unusual. Anyway urine results showed no bacteria but high white and red blood counts. My mainstream bloodwork came back normal bar low iron (im vego). They retested to double check. Npw i have ultrasound booked.

Im obsessing over ovarian cancer and bladder cancer - its consumed me. With a 5 and a 6 year old and separated its even scarier. I need bringing down i cant stop crying and my kids are due home soon.

I wondered if anyone else had displayed similar symptoms? What happened? The blood particular worries me as i know anxiety could account for frequency. E
    Hi you may have IC (interstitial cyctitis) which is inflammation, not infection. If you have, it's an autoimmune condition which can be managed. This is usually diagnosed by a urologist.

Make sure you drink plenty of water, cut out alcohol, coffee, chocolate, tomatoes and all citrus fruit, basically anything acidic. The IC diet may help ...https://ic-diet.com/pdf/What-Can-I-Eat.pdf

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Look into embedded infections and the LUTS clinic with Prof Malone-Lee. Chronic UTIs can embed in the bladder wall, not show up in tests and continually reoccur. Can cause RBC and WBC in urine . They need long term abx treatment. Worth thinking about

I had awful UTIs pretty much every month for two years. Never showed bacteria on urine tests, just blood and protein sometimes. Antibiotics were moderately helpful.

I don't know if I had interstitial cystitis or an embedded infection or what.

Anyway, I started taking a teaspoon of Waterfall D-Mannose every day with water. The UTIs stopped, immediately. That was perhaps a decade ago and I've had maybe three mild UTIs since then.

I had no symptoms but go took urine sample and I had blood in urine - she sent a sample off for analysis and no infection.
    She then sent me for a cyscosopy - (Excuse the spelling) a camera inserted to look at the urinary tract and bladder - all clear.
    Some people just have tiny amounts of blood in urine.

Thread Information