Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: I'm not sure if I ever had HOCD!!! HELP

Re: I'm not sure if I ever had HOCD!!! HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    With respect BBoy... this is a 14 year old child! Heck, my daughter wasn't allowed on a "date" alone with a boy until she was 16 for goodness sakes!

Again, I emphasize that there some things that are better left to real life solutions and this entire situation from the very first thread/post, is one of them IMO.

Positive and responsible thoughts
    Yes quite agree, but times have changed sadly in some respects but understand what you are say totally

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

The only way to know for sure IF in fact you're suffering from HOCD or any mental illness is by a mental health professional. Right now I see a very confused child that needs help and guidance in real life, not on the internet.

As a parent, I find this very distressing.

Positive thoughts
    Yes and again agree with this,but this quote has been said many times in this thread and hasn't taken place sadly think deffinately the Op is confused too, we have led the horse to water but sadly we cant make it drink. So what else can we do?? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    So what else can we do??
    Nothing.... Leave it to the professionals and real life help. That's what you do. That's why all of my responses have been consistently the same in encouraging it.

"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Nothing.... Leave it to the professionals and real life help. That's what you do. That's why all of my responses have been consistently the same in encouraging it.

Yes eventually the penny will drop and that's all that can be done so time consuming though Cheers

Terry it's just some of the wording in a previous post like on the previous page the OP states it's like a groinal attraction when seeing girls think the OP is on a roller coaster at the mo. And agree you cant be sucked in to something you aren't Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Right so how does your crush feel about you, have you asked him out on date yet and if you have what was his answer?? If you haven't asked yet why not especially if you like him a lot Cheers
    But that's my point, Dave, groinal responses are documented in sexually intrusive thoughts. Therefore they don't point to being attracted when you know you aren't. That part of the brain is upstream and responds to stimulus and people having these themes often mistake it for real attraction.

As Beatroon has shown, there is a major difference between sexually intrusive thoughts and real attraction, and she is backed up by OCD experts in this.

It worries me that some point towards these things as being other than likely OCD because my experience of people worrying about such things is that they will take what people say to imply they must be what they fear. It's clear the OP is falling into that trap.

There is a real misconception here too that this OCD is a permanent disorder, children often experience this and grow out of it. I had some OCD periods for a couple of weeks at a time in childhood but then I never experienced real OCD until my mid thirties and only because of a med.

There could be stresses that when taken away, this all subsides, so we don't need to think of long term disorders at this point. But having said this, there is obvious anxiety going on.

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Yes quite agree, but times have changed sadly in some respects but understand what you are say totally

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Yes and again agree with this,but this quote has been said many times in this thread and hasn't taken place sadly think deffinately the Op is confused too, we have led the horse to water but sadly we cant make it drink. So what else can we do?? Cheers
    I think as far as society changing, that's a long time ago and parents don't always know what their kids get up to. I'm 41 and kids this age we seeing each other and even sleeping together before my teen days.

But as far as the thread goes - Admin were asked to review it and they ruled it was acceptable. Continuing to express any disappointment in their decision is something that should be done direct, we all need to remember this and we can choose to ignore the thread if we don't approve.

Guys i am not gonna date someone until I'm older. I need time to focus on school. I am starting to realise that I'm just admiring these girls because this morning I felt a huge attraction (or at least I think it was) to a guy my age that was on tv. Is it normal that I'm only attracted to guys my age at the moment? I just don't like older guys right now.

Perfectly normal. It would also be perfectly normal for a certain variation in that age up & down. Also, normal if you did find older men attractive from your point of view.

Good to hear you are prioritising your studies. Your parents will certainly be happy.

As far a dating goes, that's something between you & your parents anyway. It's not our business, although I realise it was an innocent question, but moral attitudes towards child development differ the world over so our opinions are irrelevant on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But that's my point, Dave, groinal responses are documented in sexually intrusive thoughts. Therefore they don't point to being attracted when you know you aren't. That part of the brain is upstream and responds to stimulus and people having these themes often mistake it for real attraction.

As Beatroon has shown, there is a major difference between sexually intrusive thoughts and real attraction, and she is backed up by OCD experts in this.

It worries me that some point towards these things as being other than likely OCD because my experience of people worrying about such things is that they will take what people say to imply they must be what they fear. It's clear the OP is falling into that trap.

There is a real misconception here too that this OCD is a permanent disorder, children often experience this and grow out of it. I had some OCD periods for a couple of weeks at a time in childhood but then I never experienced real OCD until my mid thirties and only because of a med.

There could be stresses that when taken away, this all subsides, so we don't need to think of long term disorders at this point. But having said this, there is obvious anxiety going on.

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

I think as far as society changing, that's a long time ago and parents don't always know what their kids get up to. I'm 41 and kids this age we seeing each other and even sleeping together before my teen days.

But as far as the thread goes - Admin were asked to review it and they ruled it was acceptable. Continuing to express any disappointment in their decision is something that should be done direct, we all need to remember this and we can choose to ignore the thread if we don't approve.
    Terry Good points made Yes so true now a days They try and become adults too early but that's for another thread cheers

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------
    Yes school does get busy and well done on making it a priority, hope you do well for your self |Your parents will be pleased for you Good luck and as Terry says it's perfectly normal! Cheers

Omg!!! I'm so confused!! Today I had a drama class where I had to pretend to kiss a guy before I slap him and run away. When he was leaning in, I felt a sense of disgust. I don't like him, and he is also gay. But he is attractive. It just felt awkward and uncomfortable. Also, when girls have touched me lately, I have had sharp-like shivers/goosebumps that hurt. But I'm so lost at the moment. I still want to be with this guy I like. What should I say to him?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread Information