Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Fluoxetine Diary

My Fluoxetine Diary

Hi All

Decided that rather than continuing posting/hijacking another persons thread with my fluoxetine/Prozac diary I should really start my own. The main idea is to record my journey on Fluoxetine/Prozac and hopefully my recovery from anxiety.

I'm also hoping looking at my diary may also help others who are worried about or just starting out taking Fluoxetine. If anyone would like to share my journey or record their own here it would be great to hear from you. All tips, suggestions, thoughts gratefully appreciated.

A brief history so far..I was diagnosed with GAD and prescribed 20mg of fluoxetine by my GP in October following a bad panic attack and a subsequent 3 weeks of trying to deal with my anxiety myself whilst thinking I was losing my mind, before plucking up the courage to go to the doctors and ask for help. I didn't take the Fluoxetine until about 8 weeks after being prescribed it as I was frankly terrified. Instead I went for 9 one to one sessions of CBT with a private therapist which helped a little but cost a fortune. I was then referred to a Psychiatrist as I wasn't really getting any better. The Psychiatrist also recommended I started the Fluoxetine prescription which I then did. Unfortunately I didn't record a diary for the first 3 weeks. I'd recommend everyone does one as it helps when you're down to see you were fine only a few days earlier and it helps as a reminder when you go to see your GP etc to discuss medication.

My first couple of weeks were ok apart from various side effects, which were dizziness, poor sleep, sweating.

Below is a compilation of my previous diary posts on NMP so far...
    Day 23 Fluoxetine 20mg and it wasn't as bad as yesterday, so trying to be positive.
    Day 24 on 20mg, bit woozy and nauseous as well as very anxious this evening.
    Day 25 on 20mg, had a better day today, onwards and upwards.
    Day 26 on 20mg, started day therapy at a Psychiatric hospital and feeling hopeful
    Day 27 20mg Not been a great day for me, anxiety bouncing of the ceiling but trying to stay positive.
    Day 28 20mg, slept poorly, very anxious all day so far, back to hospital for more therapy tomorrow.
    Day 29 20mg a little less anxious today. Had my second day at Psychiatric hospital for therapy today. Hard going but I'm hoping that means it's working.
    Day 30 20mg anxious but manageable today.
    Day 31 20mg Did a full day of therapy at hospital which was tiring but I think is helping, as well as getting the opportunity to speak to others who are going through the same things. Best day for ages
    Day 32 20mg No anxiety until about 5pm tonight. Then it hit like the usual sledgehammer. I'm still trying to get a good nights sleep, which is anything more than 6 hours for me, as this seems to really help. Also I've been waking up with a very fuzzy head for about a week or so, coupled with some scary thoughts but they seem to clear within about 30 mins.
    Day 33 20mg I woke up with anxiety this morning which is fairly rare for me and I've been battling with it for most of the day. Normally mine doesn't start to peak until the evening so really hoping it's not going to get worse later.
    Day 34 20mg Bit better day today. Anxiety hasn't been too bad so far and no big side effects for once.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Day 35 20mg

Not too bad today. No real side effects for two days now and anxiety has been fairly low all day. Back to all day therapy tomorrow so here's hoping things keep improving
    Last edited by Panicer; 12-02-17 at 16:51.

Re: My Fluoxetine Diary

Great Panicer! I'll definitely be following.

Day 26 - Still very anxious and can't concentrate on anything. Really need a break from this.

Update. Not terrified for the first time in weeks. Hopefully a good sign.

Hi All

Roman that's brilliant news, well done!! Do you think it's the medication finally starting to work?

Started off very anxious this morning but it lessened as the day went on. Another full day of therapy completed as well today, onwards and upwards

Day 36 20mg

Day 8 : 20mg feeling little depressed n less anxiety but no appetite

Thanks Panicer! I hope so, less anxiety today, but motivation is a problem. I hope your therapy goes well, your diary is great. Thank you!

Hi guys good to hear tat you'll feeling lil better..

Hi Roman, Rajat and anyone else whose happened to pop by.

Roman less anxiety sounds like great news, I would guess motivation could be a problem simply because you're getting a bit of a break from the anxiety now and I would imagine you're probably shattered after battling with it for so long? I know I am, so the break I've had from it recently has resulted in me being really tired but I'll take tired over anxious any day

Rajat it seems to take anything between 4 and 12 weeks to feel the full benefit of Fluoxetine but if you're already not feeling too anxious that sounds like good news to me. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Day 37 20mg Full day of therapy at hospital again for me today. Hard work but got a lot from it and feeling shattered now. I was anxious first thing but it's gone off a bit as the day has progressed, I think the meds and therapy are starting to work but I'm aware I'll almost certainly have more blips along the way as others on here have told me, so I'm ready for them and I'm going to try and stay positive.

Day 9: 20mg i dont know i have depression or not but not motivation to do daily any work feeling like no energy but ill stay positive today
    Panicer yes bro 12 weeks are long but have to wait
    My doc wnt to put me on 40mg but im afraid to starting ..20mg ki enough for me i guess.. wat u say
    Update: today i see red stool again its 2nd time i dont know its bec of fluoxetine or not
    Last edited by rajatrao1994; 15-02-17 at 04:03.

Quote Originally Posted by rajatrao1994 View Post
    My doc wnt to put me on 40mg but im afraid to starting ..20mg ki enough for me i guess.. wat u say
    It is too early to know whether 20mg will be effective.

Update: today i see red stool again its 2nd time i dont know its bec of fluoxetine or not
    It may be, but you need to get it checked by your doctor to be sure.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information