Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Fluoxetine Diary

Re: My Fluoxetine Diary

Hi guys good morning
    Panicer thanks bro my day is not great either i have no appetite today im going for stomach massage for my ibs .. my bmi is 17. Day 13
    U will be alright

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Panicer bro.. its ur 41 day i think u need to consult ur psy. .

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

Panicer bro.. its ur 41 day i think u need to consult ur psy. .

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Panic attacks are scary :( im suffering from 5 years it ruins my lyf my studies. Please follow up with ur doc.

Hi all

Little better today, anxiety mostly bearable during the day. Has started to rise again this evening and getting very uncomfortable but trying to stay positive.

Hope you're all feeling a bit better and had a good weekend.

Day 42 20mg
    Last edited by Panicer; 19-02-17 at 20:43.

Hi Panicer, hope things are ok for you today. Day 33 today. I'm totally up and down the past few days. Anxiety in waves, but nowhere near as bad as a week or so ago. Concentration at work a lot better. I'm really looking forward to just levelling out. I'm not sure whether I'll. sneed to go up to 40mg to achieve it. Would be good to know if anyone had experience of this.

Hi All

Roman the suggestions I've seen from people who've been through this are not to go up to 40mg until week 12? I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday and I'm pretty sure she's going to want me to go up then, as she mentioned it at my last appointment, although I'll only be just starting my 7th week? I'll let you know what happens That's good news about you're anxiety dropping a bit and any change sounds good to me.

As for me I had a really bad time last night. Fell asleep about 00:00 and woke at 01:30 and went straight into a full on panic attack. The first time for me I've been disturbed during my sleep by an attack and it scared the life out of me. I had to get up and try and distract for several hours to try and calm myself. I didn't get back to sleep until about 05:30 so only had a couple of hours sleep in total. All day therapy at hospital today which let me talk about it at least. Therapy seems to be helping a bit but I really want to try and get the medication sorted as well.

Day 43 20mg

Did you wake up with the panic attack having already started or did it begin after you woke up?

Try not to let it get you down too much although I know from my own experience it's easier said than done. Night time panic attacks are doubly annoying because they deprive you of sleep.

Have you considered trying anything to help keep the panic attacks at bay? A betablocker perhaps?

Hi No Imagination

Thanks for the message of support No I've not tried anything else so far but have been thinking about it? Do you have any experience of using something else as well as the Fluoxetine? As I'm seeing the doc on Thursday this would appear to be a good time to discuss it.

I take propranolol, which is a beta blocker. I used to take it a few years back to help with panic attacks etc. It doesn't stop the panic it just works to stop your heart racing and help deal with a few other symptoms like shaking/trembling.

Hi all

No Imagination thanks for that, I'm going to speak to the doctor about it this week and see what they think.

All day therapy for me again today. Felt anxious and depressed first thing but both lifted as the day went on, I think mainly down to the therapy and talking about it rather than the Fluoxetine?

Hope you're all doing well.

Day 44 20mg

Day 35 and I feel like I am going backwards. Feel very sad, no motivation and I am totally keyed up and worried / anxious. I really hope things start to improve again. I had an ok few days and now it's square 1. Feel like crying.

Hi Roman

Really sorry to hear that I keep hearing two steps forward and one step back are the norm but sometimes I too feel like I'm back to square one.

Crying can be a good emotional release, I hadn't cried for probably 20 years before this but boy oh boy have made up for that in the last 5 months I think I remember reading somewhere it helps release some stress hormones that have built up etc, so if you want to cry, be like Nike and Just Do It

Remember we're all here for you and if you just want to chat and offload a bit feel free to PM me at anytime

Depression first thing this morning, confused foggy brain but cleared after a couple of hours and anxiety has been manageable all day.

Hope everyone else is having as good a day

Day 45 20mg
    Last edited by Panicer; 22-02-17 at 21:13.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information