Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tao Of Pooh And The Te Of Piglet

Re: The Tao Of Pooh And The Te Of Piglet

I do think I might be getting there Piglet. I have found myself doing or saying things recently that are most unlike me.
    'I'll worry about that later if I have to' or
    'that was then this is now'
    I think I might be getting there slowly hun! I never have bought that book you recommended to me. I'll have to look at my old thread and see what it was again.

That line of Louise Hay's that you quoted sounds good. It puts less pressure on the learning aspect of it. I do give myself a hard time if I don't understand something right away as I like to think of myself as fairly clever (happy struggles to get out of door with her head the size it is!!!!)

Sorry for invading your thread there sax!

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Hey happy, u ain't invading the thread just adding really apt discussion. I think as Piglet says (as she is soooooooooo wise even though I promise not to call you a potato cake Happy) that the right frame is the key and enjoyment and not being cross at not being able to read it. Find the right moment and if it never arises you weren't meant to read it!!! Simple huh!!! Pooh like even!!!

Thank you all for your input

love Sax xx

Well sax hunny!
    Something is working for me even if Pooh isn't! Filled with inspiration (coupled with a desire to read!) I have gone and ordered shannon Duncans book Present Moment Awareness that Piglet recommended to me ages ago. I think there might be similarities in the concept?

(as she is soooooooooo wise even though I promise not to call you a potato cake Happy)
    I just love Piglets terms of endearment! I can truelly say I have NEVER been called a potato cake in my life until then! I am so used to the names Piglet gives people I hadn't even noticed it until you pointed it out out LOL! I was thinking "why is Sax going on about potato cakes?" until I read back!
    Makes a change from Baldrick Piglet hun! (although I like that as I quite like Baldrick!)

Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

You know I'm almost incapable of not adding some ridiculous bits of nonsense to everything I say - I call one of the piglets boyfriends 'twinkle toes' and he is 6ft 4.

Anyway we are digressing - I'm glad you ordered that book Happy and it is the sort you can pick up and put down very easily.

It does occur to me that if you liked that quote or misquote that I did by Louise Hay then I think you would like her cards, as that quote came off those.

When your mind can't settle to a book it might much more easily hold onto a meaningful statement if it's on a card, specially cos the artwork she uses is really funky!! They are like the size of a coaster and come in a nice box. I look at mine most days and keep really good ones in my handbag or by the side of my bed etc. Very uplifting!!!

www.holisticshop.co.uk

Have a look at the inner development cards and divination cards on the above site - I have her 'wisdom cards' and her 'I can do it cards'.

Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Finding pleasure in the simpliest of things can be a real ray of sunshine after dark days!!

Love Piglet
    Oh how true that is, so much more important than all the grand plans and schemes, find pleasure in the simple things and happiness can't be far away!

I'm doing my best to achive this and never take them for granted again.

I'm going to order them later too Piglet. You did recommend them ages ago, but my concentration was away to pot.
    I had a look on the site, they are nice. It is trying to decide which ones to get though!
    Did you say you had read a book on mindfulness? Or is that the Shannon Duncan book?
    Happyone
    xx

—Mark Twain

Hi Happyone
    Like Piglet, I too carry inspirational cards on me and am learning to cherish special moments - Im so moved by simple things that I wouldnt even have given much thought to before such as wonderful sunsets and the other day as I walked along the canal, I was mesmerised by a flock of swans flying overhead before they all came to land gracefully in the water. Its nice to remove yourself from lives worries and just be in the moment with nature.

A mindfulness book I would recommend is "A Gradual Awakening" by Stephen Levine and a quote I particularly like is " If fear or wanting arises, it is seen within the spaciousness that surrounds it. Don't get lost by becoming it, but simply see it as just another moment in the mind flow, another something which arose uninvited and will pass in the same manner".

Take care everyone

Luv Darkangel x

The Shannon Duncan book is the easiest I've read on Mindfulness.

I do have a couple of funky books on this sort of thing too that are very light hearted by Karen Salmansohn called 'How to be Happy Dammit' and 'How to change your entire life by doing absolutely nothing'!!

In the 'How to be happy' book there are lessons with fun colour pictures like 'Lesson 6 - Never go shopping for kiwis in a shoe store: Some people just don't have what you need. So why waste time banging on their doors, ringing their bells, demanding service?'.......and
    Lesson 11 - If you keep doing what you've been doing, then you'll keep getting what you've always been getting, ie: change some habits!!

I love all this stuff and keep pushing it all in my head with the hope that all the good stuff will eventually overtake the bad stuff and squash it all right out!!

Piglet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information