Thread: Med muck ups on TV

Med muck ups on TV

So I thought this was amusing and decided to share.

I was watching 'The Path' last night (great show) and one of the characters just had a psychiatric evaluation and sent off with medication. I am always curious about these things so I paused when there was a shot of his med sheet and here's what they gave him for PTSD:

Alprazolam 100mg a day!!!!!!!!!!
    Mirtazipine 7 mg in the morning. (oops, wrong time of day!)
    Nefazodone 200 mg twice a day (this med has been discontinued at brief Google)
    Lamotrigine 100 mg a day
    Sertraline 200 mg a day.

He was also on Ambien for sleep.

OMG, most of us have had medication start up effects so imagine what all that would feel like. Though he'd be in a coma from that much alprazolam/xanax!

Re: Med muck ups on TV

The medical advisor for that show needs the boot then, Shaz. Was he a jungle vet or something?

Re: Med muck ups on TV

I love it when there is a patient in the bed who is calmly visiting with his family and the monitor at the side of the bed shows a heart rate of 200 beats per min!

Thread Information