Thread: I'm scared to sleep. Lymphoma/night sweats/ swollen lymphnode

I'm scared to sleep. Lymphoma/night sweats/ swollen lymphnode

Okay so last night I woke up randomly, absolutely burning and my chest was damp. Nothing else, and I wouldn't call it drenching. My heart was beating like crazy and I was burning and sizzling in my legs.

I threw off the covers and then a few minutes later I was cold and needed them back on again.

I still have this stupid swollen cervical lymph node, I'm supposed to be having an ENT referal but it hasn't come yet. My doctor wanted me to see an ENT because the node hasn't gone. It's been over 6 weeks now. The fact that they haven't given me an urgent referal does calm me down. Blood work and chest Xray was all fine.

I'm scared that what I experienced last night was the beginning of Lymphoma symptoms. I've been having itching but I don't know if thats just due to a severly dry scalp. I also get itching when I think about it, I want to itch right now :( I read that someone noticed a node and then 3 months later their night sweats began, the same thing happened to a friend of mine. THAT SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME. I'm scared I'll wake up drenched if I sleep tonight since I've hit that almost 3 month mark with the node.

Also I've noticed my node feels weird, as if there is a dent in it, or as if a tiny baby pea is attached to a kidney bean. The node is the size of my finger tip, give or take a mm so just below 2cm's I believe. No change in size. But why does it feels so odd? Could that just be it's shape?

Re: I'm scared to sleep. Lymphoma/night sweats/ swollen lymphnode

How would avoiding sleep prevent anything? I don't think you have a serious illness, but that's a serious question. Do you think avoiding sleeping and subsequent sweating will keep anything like lymphoma at bay? It doesn't work that way.

Just hang in there. See what the ENT says, when you do get a chance to go. In the meantime, just live your life. Be happy. Don't worry about how that lymph node feels "so odd" - that's the anxious mind talking. Hope you feel well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    How would avoiding sleep prevent anything? I don't think you have a serious illness, but that's a serious question. Do you think avoiding sleeping and subsequent sweating will keep anything like lymphoma at bay? It doesn't work that way.

Just hang in there. See what the ENT says, when you do get a chance to go. In the meantime, just live your life. Be happy. Don't worry about how that lymph node feels "so odd" - that's the anxious mind talking. Hope you feel well soon.
    Yes you're right, it's 2am now and I'm just being silly now. I wish I had someone to talk to on the phone or something right now.

I'm going to try and calm down and go to bed.

Thankyou.

Take it easy. Relax. Do some breathing exercises. Get some good sleep - adequate rest is very important. Look up "sleep meditation" on YouTube and try some of them. There is one particular guy on there, Jason Stephenson, whose videos have helped me tremendously. But he's not the only one, there are so many good ones. Best of luck, let us know if we can help further.

Thread Information