Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes Radio Coming Soon!!!

Changes Radio Coming Soon!!!

I heard at my group meeting yesterday The Mental Health Charity Changes are launching very soon Changes Radio Don't all reach out for your radio sets, as it will be accessed via the internet and will be available to all to listen too. Don't know any further details as yet but will let you know the launch date etc. Cheers

Re: Changes Radio Coming Soon!!!

Thank you Bigboy

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Thank you Bigboy
    You are welcome Magic Its not online yet, but they will want presenters and stories and music requests too. When I know more including the start date I will post here!! Cheers

If it's on th'internet, maybe I'll be able to tune in over here in Germany, that'd be great

ISB x

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    If it's on th'internet, maybe I'll be able to tune in over here in Germany, that'd be great

ISB x
    May be and I will; find that out for you, and if not you could use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) That sort of make your IP address think it's in the Uk not sure how you go about setting a VPN up but it's on the net via Google but if it's available to listen to in any country then you wont need a VPN, How ever from Terry's post what Changes are saying so long as you have a internet radio then you can access it Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 20-02-17 at 09:39.

This sounds an interesting development Bigboy, would this be the first/only mental health radio station ?

We might get to hear you on there, Dave!

Description

Changes Recovery Radio has been a long-standing ambition for our Charity, and we have been working hard to make it a reality.

With our background of working closely with sufferers of mental distress, as well as those in addiction, Changes is in a unique position to make this service a valuable and effective resource for the wider community.

Drawing from the individual experiences and expertise of our service users, along with professionals, Local Clinical Commissioning Groups and various other stakeholders, Changes Recovery Radio would focus on raising mental health awareness, improving wellbeing and to make the Changes service more accessible to a greater number of people.

Changes Recovery Radio will begin as a series of downloadable podcasts before expanding to a regular broadcast radio station. The station will provide a mix of ‘talk’ radio and music. The talking element will feature programming dedicated to wellness, wellbeing and mental health recovery. This will be predominantly based around existing Changes literature. Programming will also feature discussions on current mental health issues featuring interviews with guest contributors including service users and local mental health professionals and other local stakeholders with an interest in mental health, recovery and wellbeing. Listeners will also be able to participate through social media and the more traditional phone-in.

The station will be accessed via a widget/link on our website – www.changes.org.uk meaning that it can be accessed everywhere there is an internet connection, including libraries and mobiles.

Funding from the Aviva Community fund would enable us to run the radio service for 12 months through volunteer placements, as well as infrastructure and utility costs (for example, a dedicated internet connection, electricity costs and licensing fees), and to begin to put in to place plans for longer-term sustainability.

Changes Recovery Radio will create up to 15 volunteering opportunities giving valuable experience across all aspects of Changes Recovery Radio. This would include broadcasting, research, marketing, public relations and assist in building up self-confidence and self-esteem for those in mental-distress and creating a sense of achievement in those volunteers as they create something new and valuable for the benefit of their local community. Funding will enable all volunteers to be paid out-of-pocket expenses, as well as providing continuous support, training and development.

The radio station will be a new and innovative concept in the field of mental health recovery. It has the power to impact upon a large local community through its diverse and empowering programming. While developing new, and improving existing skills in our volunteers it will open up new employment avenues for them to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    This sounds an interesting development Bigboy, would this be the first/only mental health radio station ?
    it is very interesting I mean they sprung this on Changes Peer Support Meetings only a couple of meetings ago So will try and find out the launch date at the next meeting Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    We might get to hear you on there, Dave!

Description

Changes Recovery Radio has been a long-standing ambition for our Charity, and we have been working hard to make it a reality.

With our background of working closely with sufferers of mental distress, as well as those in addiction, Changes is in a unique position to make this service a valuable and effective resource for the wider community.

Drawing from the individual experiences and expertise of our service users, along with professionals, Local Clinical Commissioning Groups and various other stakeholders, Changes Recovery Radio would focus on raising mental health awareness, improving wellbeing and to make the Changes service more accessible to a greater number of people.

Changes Recovery Radio will begin as a series of downloadable podcasts before expanding to a regular broadcast radio station. The station will provide a mix of ‘talk’ radio and music. The talking element will feature programming dedicated to wellness, wellbeing and mental health recovery. This will be predominantly based around existing Changes literature. Programming will also feature discussions on current mental health issues featuring interviews with guest contributors including service users and local mental health professionals and other local stakeholders with an interest in mental health, recovery and wellbeing. Listeners will also be able to participate through social media and the more traditional phone-in.

The station will be accessed via a widget/link on our website – www.changes.org.uk meaning that it can be accessed everywhere there is an internet connection, including libraries and mobiles.

Funding from the Aviva Community fund would enable us to run the radio service for 12 months through volunteer placements, as well as infrastructure and utility costs (for example, a dedicated internet connection, electricity costs and licensing fees), and to begin to put in to place plans for longer-term sustainability.

Changes Recovery Radio will create up to 15 volunteering opportunities giving valuable experience across all aspects of Changes Recovery Radio. This would include broadcasting, research, marketing, public relations and assist in building up self-confidence and self-esteem for those in mental-distress and creating a sense of achievement in those volunteers as they create something new and valuable for the benefit of their local community. Funding will enable all volunteers to be paid out-of-pocket expenses, as well as providing continuous support, training and development.

The radio station will be a new and innovative concept in the field of mental health recovery. It has the power to impact upon a large local community through its diverse and empowering programming. While developing new, and improving existing skills in our volunteers it will open up new employment avenues for them to explore.
    Your Listening to Changes Radio Recovery my name is Dave and I am here for the next 60 mins etc etc. Yeah may do we will see! Or even work behind the scenes! The concept is excellent and while the other poster wasn't sure if there were many other stations which I have just quickly Googled there is some BTW its probably new for Charities such as Changes, etc Will other MH Charities get on board too like Mind?? Who knows, but probably will, It will certainly reach out to those who are house bound which can only be a good thing! Cheers

i think you'd be great on a radio station Dave - you seem very chatty and friendly. would you volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie8484 View Post
    i think you'd be great on a radio station Dave - you seem very chatty and friendly. would you volunteer?
    It's a possibility Carrie so some thing to think about Thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information