Thread: spotting between periods

spotting between periods

Anxiety has been pretty high lately, but I have been doing a lot of self talk and keeping it under control. I am without a counselor right now so I do not really have anyone to talk to.

My main fear has been stomach/pancreas cancer. I worry about it pretty constantly. Every meal, every trip to the bathroom brings a tiny bit of fear, it sucks!

Anyway, today I noticed that I am bleeding a bit and I am about a week away from when my period is due. I am trying SO HARD not to FREAK OUT! I have been keeping myself busy and trying not to google (I did wind up googling!) and now I am here. I am not sure what I am looking for. I will call my GYN on Monday, but in the meantime I wait. Scared.

I am 44 btw...

Re: spotting between periods

Hi there Mochi, it could well be just a blip that most women experience from time to time and there are quite a few threads about this on the boards. However, given you are in your mid 40s now, it may be the start of the run up to the menopause, as in the perimenopause and the first signs of this is usually irregular periods. I had my last period at age 48, but they were becoming erratic from age 44, sometimes really heavy and lasting more than the usual length of time, and other times they were quite light with 6 weeks in between. All down to oestrogen dropping off.

If you think this could be the reason, a blood test will show any changes in hormone levels.

ISB ☺

Thread Information