Thread: DVT fears taking over my life

DVT fears taking over my life

The last few weeks I have been terrified of getting blood clots in my legs any small pain I get I start to worry. I'm only 17 but not very active and worried this could of caused a clot. My worries have got worse this weekend though. I started getting a small pain at the side of my knee and up into my thigh, and it's getting worse. It only seems to hurt when I'm walk, run, jump, but there is a little ache there when im sat down. It's just feels like a tight sort of pain which worried me because blood clot pain is a cramping feeling. I tried putting some voltaren gel on it and it didn't help so now I'm comvinced it's a blood clot because surely if it was a muscle pain the volteran would help? I'm losing sleep over this because I'm so worried I will die.

Re: DVT fears taking over my life

Is it red or swollen at all? If you bend your toes up does it hurt? These are all more indicative towards a DVT. I just recently thought I had one myself as only only of my legs would randomly start to cramp up and hurt for no reason. People told me it was stress and anxiety but I doubted that. I ended up going to the ER, got an ultrasound and it was fine. Now, magically my leg has been fine too. Try not to stress and just ignore it. Take advil, massage the leg and believe that you're fine.

It's not red or swollen or tender or anything else but I read online you can have them and not even feel pain. I know I shouldnt of googled :(. It actually gets better when I move my foot pointing upward though...not sure if that's a good thing.

hi dude, I'm currently having an anxiety attack about petechiae so I know how youre feeling. Do you have red warm skin? is it swollen? is there and endless and very noticable ache in the area? I very highly doubt you have DVT.

It aches quite a bit but it feels more like my knee is aching. It's not swollen, but is warm but so is my other leg. No redness either.

youre fine trust me.

You're not alone. I too have worried about a DVT before. I've always had health anxiety and any little thing sets it off, currently I'm fighting with a small lymph node in my neck despite the doctor telling me its fine i still worry.

As for DVT mine started a few years ago whem i played alot of video games and one day experienced some swelling and bruising in the left leg, so obviously a went to the ER after reading terrible stories on google, i had a ultrasound and blood tests done which came back negative for a clot and was ruled as some sort of infection.

But the thought of a clot still lingers in my mind whenever i feel a muscle cramp or pain and even a bruise will make me worry. But if you're worried about developing a blood clot just take precautions to prevent it, dont sit in one position for hours stretch your legs walk around and even kick your feet up when possible. Stop worry so much about it and just take care of yourself. If you experience any swelling redness or rash or whole leg pain go for a ultrasound and if for some reason you end up witu one they can usually treat them.

Thread Information