Thread: Mid cycle bleed and now late period by 5 days

Mid cycle bleed and now late period by 5 days

TMI coming up...

This is really unusual for me, I'm usually really regular - 28/29 days, however I had a mid cycle bleed this month - it was bright red and mixed with cervical fluid. It was from day 17-21.
    It was quite watery too and had some bits of clots in it too. Very odd. Never had anything like it before. It even turned the water in the toilet pink/red.
    It stopped as suddenly as it came, 4 days later.
    I am now late for my period by 5 days (will be 6 tomorrow) and I'm never late. Had sex with my partner yesterday thinking it might get things started, but nothing. I don't even have any cramps, usually they start a week before I'm due.
    Can anyone shed any light on this? I've been really tired and anxious this week too. Also thirsty and craving salty/sweet foods often. So hungry when I first wake up and on and off breast stabbing pains.
    I'm concerned about ovarian cancer as I'm quite bloated and with the mid cycle bleed/late period and pelvic pain also...
    The weirdest part is that I'm not having my usual PMS symptoms...normally I cramp up to a week before and I just know when it's coming.
    I haven't had that this month, no real pain with that mid cycle bleed either.
    Getting some weird leg and groin pain though...unusual for me. My brain is in overdrive, thinking all the negative thoughts and catastrophising! Ovarian/cervical/womb cancer...or I've had it for a while and it's now more advanced and spreading to my other organs.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Mid cycle bleed and now late period by 5 days

Anxiety and stress can prolong your cycle. I've always been like clockwork (usually 30/31 days) yet a year or two ago I had a 35 day cycle. My longest ever and I was terrified it meant I was becoming infertile. My GP told me it's normal. Our menstrual cycles can definitely be knocked off due to our moods.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Anxiety and stress can prolong your cycle. I've always been like clockwork (usually 30/31 days) yet a year or two ago I had a 35 day cycle. My longest ever and I was terrified it meant I was becoming infertile. My GP told me it's normal. Our menstrual cycles can definitely be knocked off due to our moods.
    Would that account for the weird mid cycle bleeding too?

I get what you're saying about anxiety and stress but I'm always anxious and stressed! In that case I should never be on time!
    The mainly worrying thing is the lack of symptoms and the fact it doesn't actually feel like my period is coming...I have been late once or twice before but usually have the PMS symptoms.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

I've had anxiety for 4 years now and constant stress for 2, yet I've only had that one really late period.
    I've had a couple 32 days and this month my cycle was 29 which is shorter than usual, but other than that I'm nearly bang on time.
    Stress can affect them, but won't necessarily affect all of them if that makes sense.
    Perhaps you will miss this period and have your next as normal, missing periods isn't uncommon too, especially if you only miss one.
    I was lucky when I was late as I already had a GP appointment for something else and mentioned it when I was there, so my mind was put to ease quickly. Maybe query it with your GP to put your mind at ease but I was told missed, late and I think even early periods are normal and can be caused by stress/anxiety etc.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information