Thread: Nervous About Overnight

Unhappy Nervous About Overnight

Hey people,
    I'm new to this site and I really need some advice. My school is having an overnight this weekend, and I'm really nervous about it. Anyone have any similar experiences or advice? I could really use it... thx

Re: Nervous About Overnight

Hello, I can understand your concerns about an overnight with having anxiety. Are you currently seeing a psych doctor or a counselor? If not look up some youtube videos about controlling your breathing to calm yourself down, it sounds silly but is popular as a good way to fight anxiety. Also make sure to bring something, a book or something else you are interested in to keep your mind occupied. A wondering mind tends to be a breeding ground for anxiety. Hopefully you'll be having fun while you are there and will be occupied with other things most of the time, but these things to keep your mind occupied can help at night when everything quiets down.
    Last edited by MOchp; 23-02-17 at 00:17.

http://musingsofananxiousmind.weebly.com

Dx: General anxiety, Depression, OCD/Hypochondria Rx: Zoloft and Effexor daily. Klonopin and trazadone as needed. Also take magnesium and vitamin D3 daily.

Quote Originally Posted by MOchp View Post
    Also make sure to bring something, a book or something else you are interested in to keep your mind occupied. A wondering mind tends to be a breeding ground for anxiety. Hopefully you'll be having fun while you are there and will be occupied with other things most of the time, but these things to keep your mind occupied can help at night when everything quiets down.
    Definitely this. Distraction/occupation is my go-to solution for managing anxiety when all else fails. I don't think this will be an issue at the overnight because you'll be amongst your friends and peers.

If you find yourself alone, a book or portable video game is perfect. Also, if you have an online streaming service like Netflix or Spotify, you can load up a device with offline content beforehand, and keep yourself entertained even if there's no wi-fi/internet nearby.

Mostly though, make sure look forward to it! I wish I had events like these when I went to high school. It'll be a great opportunity to mingle and meet people.

Thanks so much I'll do that and I really hope that this goes well

Thread Information