Thread: Heart bpm

Heart bpm

I'm a little confused on Monday I had a horrible ache in my chest in and off all day in the evening I called 111 to ask some advice about it (I'd put it down to anxiety all day) they thought it could be indigestion and anxiety. The nurse got me to take my pulse and said it was way too high at 100bpm so I should probably pop down to a&e for an ecg. By this time it was almost 9pm and I was feeling better so I kept an eye on it using a blood pressure machine and it went from 120bpm down to 90bpm but I felt fine maybe a tad anxious about maybe going to hospital. Yesterday when I checked it was lower at 80bpm just after I'd unpacked some shopping. I'm confused as the nhs website said an adults bpm can be between 60 and 100 yet I was told that was too high

Re: Heart bpm

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    I'm a little confused on Monday I had a horrible ache in my chest in and off all day in the evening I called 111 to ask some advice about it (I'd put it down to anxiety all day) they thought it could be indigestion and anxiety. The nurse got me to take my pulse and said it was way too high at 100bpm so I should probably pop down to a&e for an ecg. By this time it was almost 9pm and I was feeling better so I kept an eye on it using a blood pressure machine and it went from 120bpm down to 90bpm but I felt fine maybe a tad anxious about maybe going to hospital. Yesterday when I checked it was lower at 80bpm just after I'd unpacked some shopping. I'm confused as the nhs website said an adults bpm can be between 60 and 100 yet I was told that was too high
    I always have a resting BPM of around 77-85 (resting) - I was at my GP just last Thursday and my BPM was 97 - he put it down to anxiety however when I walk up a flight of stairs it can go to 110 but comes down after 20 seconds or so, I believe that between 60-100 is normal

Thank you for replying I'll check it again later but I'm sure if it was too high I wouldn't be feeling well and I feel fine

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    I'll check it again later
    No please don't in my opinion as it just fuels anxiety - I have a blood pressure & oximeter at home and it just fuels me over and over when I want to reassure myself that I am indeed breathing!!! .....I try and stay away from them now......

It was 76bpm this afternoon after a cup of tea so I'm 100% sure it's ok only high when I'm anxious so aslong as it comes down I'm sure I'm ok

Sorry but what kind of nurse recommends an ECG for a bpm of 100? Up to 100 is normal and it can get quite high during a panic attack.

Going by her logic, everyone who has a panic attack should have an ECG every time which can't be right?

Yikes... My heart rate can go from 76 to 95 just walking out of my house to my car because I'm anxious about going out.
    Do it afraid. All fear is but the notion that God's love ends. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:19

That's why I was confused. I think her main worry was it was at 100 while I was at home relaxing (she didn't seem to understand that I wasn't relaxing as I'd been in pain and anxious on the phone for an hour being passed from one person to another trying to convince them I didn't need an ambulance) and wondered what it would have been while I was busy at work and anxious. Unfortunately she has set a little seed in my mind now about my heart and I can feel my anxiety starting to spiral I'm just trying to keep hold of my logical side to stop it going to far

Thread Information