Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tremors/shaking all day every day

Re: Tremors/shaking all day every day

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSteele View Post
    I have exactly what you describe, and I have seen 11 neurologists and not one person every said this. They eventually diagnosed me with a Functional Movement Disorder stemming from anxiety/depression.
    The 2 neurologists i have seen told me this...but we may not have the same type of tremor if that makes sense.

I went to a neuro concerned about tremor and als and was told the only thing that even resembles a shake or tremor is due to muscle weakness, and it is NEVER a resting tremor. As in, you do not sit there and shake.

There is a website with an article from an ALS neuro that states the same.

You shouldn't be posting stuff like this on a health anxiety forum in my opinion. As for the muscle weakness theory, I've had this condition for 2 years now, and I can still bench wha to benched back then if not more. I'm gonna have to take the sample size of 11 doctors vs a random internet poster.

@GeorgeSteele, I have been to a number of doctors too, one being the leading research of rare motor diseases and neuropathies in New England, and his statements coincided with those of Colicab85. You do not see tremors in ALS/MND.

As for the OP, I started with twitching but developed hand, jaw, and leg tremors, all of which can be caused by severe anxiety. Essentially you have overloaded your system with high concentrations of various sympathetic agonistic hormones, namely Adrenaline. (epinephrine). As my anxiety has improved, so has my twitching and tremoring. I occassionally have a fear that it is ALS/MND, but the fact that I have been twitching/tremoring for 3 months now and do not show signs of any muscle weakness is a testament to how it is just the anxiety.

Throughout this journey, I have learned that Anxiety can manifest itself in a number of ways that are physical. Tremoring is one of those manifestations...

Maybe I misunderstood what he was implying. I'm frustrated that I've had this for 2 years now, and I have zero hope in site. I have yet to read one case of somebody who had tremors from anxiety 24 hours a day, and recovered from them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information