Thread: Blood in stool, internal bleeding worry

Blood in stool, internal bleeding worry

So my stomach has been hurting on and off for a few weeks. I have GERD and have had gastritis before. I went to the ER about three weeks ago and did blood tests and gave me an abdominal CT scan and said my intestines was inflamed so they said I had gastrtitis and gave me some medication. The past few days I've been having blood in the stool. It varies in consistency and presentation. Sometimes it's a normal BM that is just speckeled in bright red blood. Today though it seem to be more on the stool and my first wipe(tmi sorry) would be bloody. It's not an excessive amount in the toilet. Just wondering what could be the issue.

Re: Blood in stool, internal bleeding worry

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

piles and/or a tear most likely but if you are worried you should see the doctor to get a proper diagnosis

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

What is piles. I don't want to go searching through the Internet as my hypochondria is teetering fairly high. Most people I guess would worry about it being colon cancer. My worry is internal bleeding. Which at the moment I know seems unlikely due to me not having excessive blood and still having a brown bowel movement.

they are Hemorrhoids

Thread Information