Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine Diary For Anyone Who'd Like To Join In

Re: Mirtazapine Diary For Anyone Who'd Like To Join In

Thanks Panicer. Don't forget it's now day 9, so more than half way through (what should hopefully be) the worst of it! I am a little anxious about the possibility of going up to 30mg next week - but I didn't suffer nearly as much when they doubled the fluoxetine dose to 40mg, so fingers crossed.

I actually did have a beer (three if I'm honest) last night. Didn't actually feel any worse for it this morning but, before you get any ideas , i didn't feel any calmer, just got sleepy more quickly.

Hi all

Domo-kun I was thinking the same thing about being prescribed a possible dose increase shortly? I'm really enjoying getting some sleep and as it seems to be the lower doses that are more sedative I'm loathe to go higher?

Well done on the beers, I might try a cheeky one over the weekend and see what happens

Struggled to get out of bed this morning, very woolly head. Anxiety was really bad from about 10:00-13:00 then it eased off and I'm feeling ok this evening.

Roll on day 10

Day 9 15mg Mirtazapine
    Last edited by Panicer; 05-03-17 at 15:48.

Hi All

Slept better last night and a bit brighter this morning when I woke up. Anxiety pretty good all day and depression seems to have lifted completely today. So all in all a good day.

Still feel tired quite a lot of the time and a bit dizzy but things seem to be improving

Day 10 15mg Mirtazapine
    Last edited by Panicer; 05-03-17 at 15:48.

Hi All

Took a while to drop off last night but slept well. Still getting very vivid dreams and struggling to get up in the morning. Depression was pretty non existent today and anxiety was pretty good so I think the Mirtazapine is doing something. Still dizzy and getting a bit of depersonalisation on and off but getting better each day

Day 11 15mg Mirtazapine

Hi

Good to hear you're improving.

Days 10-11 weren't great for me. Mood was very low but the anxiety wasn't so bad.
    Had some vivid dreams last night. First time they've been that strong since being on the pills.

Feeling 'almost' back to how I was just before I started taking them. Still early days, but maybe I'm starting to tolerate them? Got a review with the doc tomorrow so will see if it's time to double down

Day 12 - 15mg

Hi Domo-kun

Great to hear you're feeling almost back to your pre-meds mood. Hopefully the next step is feeling almost back to normal The vivid dreams are a bit of a pain but if it stops the depression and anxiety I'll put up with them. Will be interesting to see what you doc says about your dose tomorrow, gamble, double down, hold? I'm due to speak to my GP as well later in the week, so I'll let you know her thoughts.

Not too bad a day today, depression has definitely lifted and had therapy and managed to drive there and back without much anxiety. So feeling positive.

Day 12, 15mg Mirtazapine

So today started off pretty rubbish. Felt depressed first thing and quite anxious. All day therapy again, which went well and I felt brighter and a bit more my old self by lunchtime.

Domo-kun how did the review with the GP go?

Day 13, 15mg Mirtazapine
    Last edited by Panicer; 07-03-17 at 19:19.

2 weeks on Mirtazapine 15mg today. Still having very vivid dreams and disturbed sleep. I seem to sleep well for about 4 hours then wake on and off for the next 2 or 3? Very woolly head again this morning, which hung around until lunchtime. Better afternoon tough. Anxiety quite manageable today and although the depression wasn't great it wasn't too bad.

Let's see what next week brings, speaking to the GP tomorrow. Expecting an increase in dose and hopefully a decrease in side effects

Day 14, 15mg Mirtazapine

Well just as I thought might happen the GP put me up to 30mg today. Not had it yet as I take it just before bed so will be interested to see what happens. The usual very vivid dreams followed by a woolly head this morning but anxiety and depression were pretty good today, so hopefully they'll be even better with the dose increase?

Domo-kun did you get put up to 30mg too?

Day 15 on Mirtazapine Day 1 @ 30mg

Hi, been really busy, so catching up now...

Day 13-14 - 15mg - The anxiety and depression wasn't so bad but I felt quite on-edge, really sensitive to any, even minor, annoyance.
    I spoke to the GP on Tues who told me to go up to 30mg, so took 2 x 15mg last night. Whilst I had a lot to do on Weds, I decided to wait until Weds night.

Day 15 - 30mg...
    At the beginning, the 15mg was a knock-out drop, but I gradually became quite tolerant over the following week. I took my first dose of 30mg on Weds night and, within an hour, I felt very sleepy. I stayed up for a couple of hours and the sedative effect started to wane.
    I felt okay when I woke up. Not depressed, not anxious, just a bit tired and sort of numb. I had some good spells today, but I'd guess it's more as a result of being a lot sunnier and managing to get out in it.

Seems we're still in perfect sync on days and dose Panicer! I'm actually quite surprised that our experiences are fairly similar, considering the wide spectrum of experiences I read about. Also interesting that you're having therapy whilst on these. I was always told therapy + meds = gold standard, but I never found therapy (CBT, etc.) that useful when I was on fluoxetine/prozac. If I'm honest, I don't think I ever dropped the pretence I put up to everyone else around me, so they were giving therapy to a fictional character and not me. Maybe I hoped they'd see through that and impress me with their analytical skills, like Hannibal in the TV series. Anyways, this is turning into an essay, so I'll leave it there.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information