Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: please reply, quick!!

please reply, quick!!

Hi everyone

Im working to defeat my OCD as you are all aware and i wanted to give the posting a rest for a while however an hour ago i read something very scary and i need replies as its terrifying me!!!!!

I read that OCD is a demon and that you are possessed if you have OCD.

Obviously i haven't been diagnosed with odd and in 2 weeks am going to a therapist to sort it out but this scared me a lot!!!!

i gave in and searched it online and a lot came up about it!!

it makes me feel very uncomfortable and scared!!

I can't even watch horror movies so it show how much this is terrifying me

right before bed aswell

PLEASE REPLY, I'm feeling awful after trying to be as positive as i can be...

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

I know it sounds silly

Please reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: please reply, quick!!

Whoever posted it was probably one of those "know it alls" OCD is a mental disorder like any other, it doesn't mean you are possessed it means you have some issue with the way your thought pattern works, i know it can be really scary and feel silly but if it feels real and horrible to you then its not stupid, i know this won't help but try and relax, you'll be okay x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Some people call their anxiety names or characterise it. Many on the HA board used to call their's a dragon.

Some sufferers may describe their perceived inability to stop their compulsions as being beyond their control, being controlled by some unknown force, etc.

Some may think the vile intrusive thoughts must come from elsewhere, be a curse or their persecution for past actions.

These are just people's personal interpretation of them, they don't reflect scientific understanding.

Then we other overlapping issues. More devout religious groups may take more bizarre views. Since intrusive thoughts can be experienced by anyone, there can be people who have more complex mental health problems interpreting them in ways that fit to their more complex disorders.

And don't forget all the trolls out there.

How easy would it be to start something across the Internet that OCD is a disorder brought up on yourself for not believing in the hairy cornflake monster? Fake blogs can be set up so quickly, I've even seen fake forums set up to flog "guru" products.

There's a lot of BS on the net. If you believed it, you would have tons of contradicting elements all clashing with each other.

I've had OCD for about 5 years now and I'm yet to crawl around on the ceiling (I've climbed the walls many a time but not physically!) so I'm not possessed!

Hahhahaha thankyou both!!

It just really scared me and feels like something is watching me all the time. I honestly believed it. It's a horrible consideration!!

Sorry just had to laugh about this I also suffer from OCD LJ you have too much time on your hands LOL Any way your question has been answered Ahh Cheers

But a lot of people say it's true.

But how can it be haha??

There is no such thing as demons. There is no such thing as possession. There is no such thing as magic.

People who use these kind of terms when talking about illness are usually talking metaphorically. Anyone who actually ascribes mental health to supernatural forces is someone who doesn't know what century we're living in and should be roundly, unequivocally ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljthompson10 View Post
    But a lot of people say it's true.

But how can it be haha??
    Ha ha a lot of ppl say things about a lot of things, but it doesn't mean it's true lol Nah the mind can play tricks on us, but that all it is a 'trick' Cheers

To put it another way, things like demonic possession were our ancestors' explanations for mental health problems when they didn't know any better. People who still believe in such things are people who ignore the fact we actually have better understanding and rational explanations for such things now, and don't need to look to superstitious idiocy to explain medical problems.

And to put it a third way - they're talking b****cks.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    To put it another way, things like demonic possession were our ancestors' explanations for mental health problems when they didn't know any better. People who still believe in such things are people who ignore the fact we actually have better understanding and rational explanations for such things now, and don't need to look to superstitious idiocy to explain medical problems.

And to put it a third way - they're talking b****cks.
    Well put axolotl

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information