Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: please reply, quick!!

Re: please reply, quick!!

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    To put it another way, things like demonic possession were our ancestors' explanations for mental health problems when they didn't know any better. People who still believe in such things are people who ignore the fact we actually have better understanding and rational explanations for such things now, and don't need to look to superstitious idiocy to explain medical problems.

And to put it a third way - they're talking b****cks.
    And sometimes misled by dubious religious indoctrination. Sinful thoughts & OCD can be problematic in religion and an additional challenge for those who believe in a faith including the mainstream.

Like I said, LJ, there is literally anything on the Internet. It doesn't matter that a load of people say it. I could show you anxiety "gurus" who peddle lies about modern therapy and refuse to accept otherwise (usually it would hurt their brand if they did ) and they have tons of "followers" websites. So much of it is fake.

Stick to what medical professionals say. Agreed science. The musings of fellow sufferers can be an interesting but they can be ignorant of science.

You'll find people talking about bringing it on themselves, fate, curses, past life crimes paid fit in this life, etc. It's what they may have come to believe but it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Falling over and breaking a leg can easily be tested to fit the same narrative.

What about breaking a leg?

And I only found info on this 'satinic' shit with OCD

Is it the same with things such as depression?? Etc

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

???

You still find this stuff with other mental health problems. Consider the paranoid schizophrenic. Even other types of schizophrenia. Couldn't hearing voices, especially those suggesting harm & paranoia, easily be applied to possession? Think how many TV programmes and films have used these conditions this way.

My point was, if someone really wants to go down the route of "I deserve this due to being a bad person", if perhaps their religion talks about retribution against their sins, they could talk breaking their leg into being a punishment.

Who are the people saying this? A highly respected medical professional? Or some nobody blogger type who may have OCD?

Who cares what the latter says? The earth used to be flat to people like this even after someone didn't sail off the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Who cares what the latter says? The earth used to be flat to people like this even after someone didn't sail off the edge.
    And there are still whackos who argue at length the world is flat, despite all obvious evidence to the contrary. There are plenty of odd people out there willing to pretend the last few hundred years of human progress never happened. The deserve nothing but mockery and to be roundly ignored.

And there are still whackos who argue at length the world is flat, despite all obvious evidence to the contrary. There are plenty of odd people out there willing to pretend the last few hundred years of human progress never happened. The deserve nothing but mockery and to be roundly ignored.
    Yes fraid so and always give them a wide berth lol
    no point mocking them really like you can't educate them either so let them go on their merry way! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Yes fraid so and always give them a wide berth lol
    no point mocking them really like you can't educate them either so let them go on their merry way! Cheers
    Oh I meant rudely mocked behind their backs, never engage the cretins. Life's too short...

Oh I meant rudely mocked behind their backs, never engage the cretins. Life's too short...
    Well A little debate behind their backs is ok but I certainly wouldn't waste much time on it, like you like you said life is far toooo short to be bothering about them Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Well A little debate behind their backs is ok but I certainly wouldn't waste much time on it, like you like you said life is far toooo short to be bothering about them Cheers
    With respect to the OP too, if their critical thinking is knocked askew to the point they're asking on here if demonic possession is real, best not to contact weirdos who may put further harmful ideas in their head.

[QUOTE=axolotl;1652170]With respect to the OP too, if their critical thinking is knocked askew to the point they're asking on here if demonic possession is real, best not to contact weirdos who may put further harmful ideas in their head.[/QUOTE Yes wouldn't be a good move would it The world is full of them And in any case good will triumph against all evil Cheers

Thanks guys so much.

I just have always believed in god and want to go to heaven (I've lost 2 beloved grandads in the past 15 months so telling myslef there in a better place has helped me)

I'm not overly repigious but these people were saying it's only OCD stricken people are possessed and we are going to hell and commit crimes because if it

I want my own mind aha:(

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information