Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: please reply, quick!!

Re: please reply, quick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ljthompson10 View Post
    Thanks guys so much.

I just have always believed in god and want to go to heaven (I've lost 2 beloved grandads in the past 15 months so telling myslef there in a better place has helped me)

I'm not overly repigious but these people were saying it's only OCD stricken people are possessed and we are going to hell and commit crimes because if it

I want my own mind aha:(
    Ha let them believe then it's their down fall, and not yours I mean with all due respect what do they know? Nothing in my book!!! Cheers

Thanks guys so much.

I just have always believed in god and want to go to heaven (I've lost 2 beloved grandads in the past 15 months so telling myslef there in a better place has helped me)

I'm not overly repigious but these people were saying it's only OCD stricken people are possessed and we are going to hell and commit crimes because if it

I want my own mind aha:(
    Well that's simply BS from them. Given some of the themes of intrusive thoughts we would know if OCD translated into crime statistics. Medical professionals state acting out such thoughts is rare. If it were otherwise, similar protocols would exist as they do for those with mental health conditions that include violence or abuse.

For a start, no one in the history of the world has ever known if he'll even exists. I suspect you have hit upon religious types and mental health. Views like this show they are the fire & brimstone mob.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well that's simply BS from them. Given some of the themes of intrusive thoughts we would know if OCD translated into crime statistics. Medical professionals state acting out such thoughts is rare. If it were otherwise, similar protocols would exist as they do for those with mental health conditions that include violence or abuse.

For a start, no one in the history of the world has ever known if he'll even exists. I suspect you have hit upon religious types and mental health. Views like this show they are the fire & brimstone mob.
    Think we all have to be a bit careful on this subject ( I remember one forum I am on you weren't allowed to talk about religion or politics and would be told off via a pm ) Yes while we have never seen God as such it cant be ruled out completely but again each to their own on this, it's a very personal issue. but totally agree to be told your possessed is neither right or helpful to any one regardless of any conditions they may have. it's soul destroying (no pun intended!) Cheers

We discuss politics on Misc. Religion is avoided, I remember seeing an old thread of regulars from before my time on here and it did get "animated" because the OP was going off about only his beliefs being true.

What I mean is that these are the more devout types since the church don't believe in possession these days either. There will be branches and smaller ones who probably do but these can be very right wing for many reasons and their views are not supported by mainstream leaders. Reading what they say about mental health won't be far off the medieval views axolotl mentioned earlier. In those experiencing certain intrusive thoughts themes I would regard some of those people as damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    We discuss politics on Misc. Religion is avoided, I remember seeing an old thread of regulars from before my time on here and it did get "animated" because the OP was going off about only his beliefs being true.

What I mean is that these are the more devout types since the church don't believe in possession these days either. There will be branches and smaller ones who probably do but these can be very right wing for many reasons and their views are not supported by mainstream leaders. Reading what they say about mental health won't be far off the medieval views axolotl mentioned earlier. In those experiencing certain intrusive thoughts themes I would regard some of those people as damaging.
    Well I remember a few years back I used to attend a Petecostal Church who strongly believed in healing etc and many had hands laid open them and speaking in tounges etc it scared me a bit but was only young then lol. I would agree too that some are damaging to people with a long history of MH conditions. Cheers

So I'm not possessed and shouldn't worry

The thought of it scares me

I don't want to be seen as a bad person and be punished (if god does exist)

So I'm not possessed and shouldn't worry

The thought of it scares me

I don't want to be seen as a bad person and be punished (if god does exist)
    If you really need to ask these kind of questions (which I strongly suspect you don't really) you need to talk to a responsible adult in the real world. While this forum is pretty much on the level, if you don't have critical and logical skills to answer these kind of questions yourself you shouldn't be opening yourself up to asking strangers on the Internet.

I am next week!!

But just please tell me!!

I totally agree with Axolotl. With respect, nothing anyone say will really help you in this medium.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am next week!!

But just please tell me!!
    LJ, if you're seriously looking to random internet strangers to tell you if you're possessed by demons you need to get off the Internet and talk to your parents.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information