Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Section myself?

Re: Section myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    hyperblobby cardiowattisname
    I had to laugh at that! I consider myself pretty well versed in cancer and heart related ailments being a survivor but often, when I see something I have no clue about, I know it's Dr. Google helping to fuel the anxiety dragon.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-02-17 at 21:27.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you so much. I don't know why people come on to anxiety forums and say things like that. No wonder people don't like to reach out.
    I've been referred to a perinatal mental health team, pay myself for counselling and have read all the books. I have the headspace app but really struggling to get in the zone.
    My palpitations are relentless and are especially bad after eating and lying in bed. The problem is that it creates such a vicious cycle - palpitation- panic- more palpitations and so on. I don't know if you've seen my previous thread but I lost our last baby at 24 weeks which is where they're saying this anxiety is stemming from. It's so hard. Every symptom of the heartbproblem my uncle has, i now seem to have. Even though I've been here before with anxiety, I'm struggling to see how it can create all these physical symptoms

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

I had no idea what it was until my uncle announced we were all potential victims of it! I'm usually stuck on the cancer train

It wasn't to make light of "you"... I just found the phrase humorous is all. You're obviously is a very fragile place and I'm sorry. You can't take on other's ailments as you own and yes, you know it's your anxiety doing it as you hyper-focus and continue in the spiral.

So much of what I see here is self-inflicted. Dr. Google being the worst of all. I hope you feel better soon, heal emotionally from your loss, find ways to overcome your anxiety and prevent yourself from perpetuating it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No, I found the phrase amusing myself. And I completely agree, google is the fuel to the fire in all of this. I did however, find the comment about having my baby taken off me from a previous poster very upsetting though, but hey-ho

I used to get them after eating too, and I will let you in to a little secret they scared the sh*t out of me as well. I can never ever begin to imagine to know what you have been through and that stupid arsed comment from GlassPinata has made me more angry. a normal pregnancy is tough enough and even more tough after what you have been through. My best fried went through the same thing as you and she now has a very happy healthy cheeky 5 year old. I think you are doing amazing and I think you should remember that and what you have been through is no easy thing. don't be hard on yourself anybody would feel anxious in your situation, I know I would be through the roof twice over Have you spoken to your GP about what your actual chances of you having your uncle's condition are?? I don't think they tend to worry about uncles and aunties its more like grandma, granddads, mum, dad. I'm sure your gp would of sent you to see a cardiologist if you were at risk at all.

Thank you Donna. My GP knows and is fairly adamant that due to all my ECGs being clear - all 16 of them -that I'm ok. There's a chance it's genetic but nobody in my family has ever been diagnosed other than my uncle. Unfortunately, will never know re my dad as he died ten years ago. My grandmother was under a cardiologist and it was never mentioned so presumably she was negative. The condition can also be caused by a long history of high blood pressure which my uncle has so rationally, it's quite possibly not genetic in our family's case. Bit of course the anxious thoughts have taken over and told me it is. Have been scheduled for an echo soon so it can be completely eliminated from my brain - hopefully! X

Your baby will not be taken away from you. You said you're in therapy, correct? And you're going to get the echo which is going to show your normal heart. Pregnancy and the hormones are no picnic. You will be just fine

That is brilliant they have booked you in for an echo, it will put your mind to rest. I'm sure if other family members had it you would of bee told. e.c.g's pick up loads and loads of heart problems. reading e.c.g's is scientific and the people that read them have 3 plus years of training to be able to spot different problems on the page, your 16 ecgs would of been looked at by lots of qualified trained people and if any, even one would of seen something suspicious you would of been told

No, just no, I cant believe that post. Very unhelpful & upsetting thing to say & just because you are having a bad time is no reflection on you or your abilities to look after your beautiful little one when he/she arrives. Trust me, I have been to hell & back, a nice mix of post natal depression & h/a, I agreed to be admitted but things beyond bad- wasn't eating, washing, sleeping & more I wont bore you with, & there were many times I was mocked by the crisis mental health teams in a& e. Nobody took my kids away! I really hope you get good support from your perinatal team, that's where it went wrong for me the support just wasn't there. Agreeing to go into hospital was terrifying, felt a bit like prison ( i imagine cos never been there!) but i needed it.Things are hard & its horrible feeling so worried but you will get there & I am sure you will be ok. Take care

Fishmanpa, OP wasn't talking about you, the posts sometimes appear out of order causing confusion, it's something to do with how the site refreshes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information