Thread: Sharp Tailbone pain :(

Sharp Tailbone pain :(

Been worried about testicle pain that I have for months, Doctor sent me for an ultrascan and it came back as normal although the doctor who sent me said I had a hydrocele. Anyway a couple of weeks later I develop a pain in my tailbone, I phone the doctors wanting to see one but they only get a doctor to ring me back(the in thing now in the UK) I tell him I still have the testicle pain and mention the tailbone pain which he says very quickly that "its all connected and there is nothing I can do about it".
    Another week on and the pain in my tailbone is like nothing I have experienced before, Really strong sharp pain, feels like my skin is glued on to my bone and as I get up from sitting feels like its being ripped off!! can't think I have knocked or banged it in anyway. Anyone had the same :( ?

Re: Sharp Tailbone pain :(

I haven't had any spontaneous taillbone but thought i'd reply anyway as you haven't gotten any yet and i did break my tailbone once (which was fun haha) if your doctor isn't concerned then i would think there's nothing too scary to worry about x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

I can't relate to how it's linked to testicle pain as your doctor said, but I have had spontaneous tailbone pain before. I have terrible posture in bed if I'm reading or using a tablet or phone. It's like slouching with the spine unsupported. The pain was bad so I'm more aware of my posture now. It used to ache like crazy if I got up from sitting down. Ice on the area helped.

Could it be posture related for you?
    Do it afraid. All fear is but the notion that God's love ends. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:19

Its 5:19 in the morning and I'm awake with the pain, even if I clench my cheeks it hurts!

Do you think you've done anything strenuous or with your posture as ditapage suggested?

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

I do have a strenuous job but I can't think of a day where I have done something then felt the pain. The pain seem to come on gradual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bings View Post
    Been worried about testicle pain that I have for months, Doctor sent me for an ultrascan and it came back as normal although the doctor who sent me said I had a hydrocele. Anyway a couple of weeks later I develop a pain in my tailbone, I phone the doctors wanting to see one but they only get a doctor to ring me back(the in thing now in the UK) I tell him I still have the testicle pain and mention the tailbone pain which he says very quickly that "its all connected and there is nothing I can do about it".
    Another week on and the pain in my tailbone is like nothing I have experienced before, Really strong sharp pain, feels like my skin is glued on to my bone and as I get up from sitting feels like its being ripped off!! can't think I have knocked or banged it in anyway. Anyone had the same :( ?
    I had a similar issue recently, I was also getting sharp aches in my tailbone or at least in the muscles around it when standing up, especially after sitting for a long time. This went on for around a month before it started to ease off. From what I understand, tailbones can sometimes become dislocated or unstable for seemingly no reason and put strain on the muscles around it, but the problem will usually resolve itself in a few weeks.

You can aid recovery by avoiding hard seats or sitting for too long. I also realised my old desk chair at the time was really bad on my posture, which was no doubt contributing to the problem, so I bought a better one and it does seem to have helped a lot.

Thanks Captain irrational thats good to know, when I get up from sitting postion I feel the pain then automatic tense my mucles which brings on an intense pain which i have never felt like before:( The only thing that is taking the pain away is tramadol which makes me very light headed.

Thread Information