Thread: Trichotillomania

Trichotillomania

Hi all,

Are there any fellow trichsters on the forum? For those who don't know, trichotillomania is the obsessive habit of pulling out hair. I've suffered with it for years and as a result have no eyelashes. It's something I am very self-conscious about and am desperate to stop. I'm reaching out here to see if there are any other trich sufferers or anyone with success stories.

Nat x

Re: Trichotillomania

I think I recall HalfJack saying she does it on a thread somewhere. It may have been skin picking or both but it rings a bell.

More a skin picker, myself.

There is an interesting supplement called NAC that has some study behind it that shows it helps with these conditions.

I like the term "trichsters", it makes you sound like a mischievous anxiety sufferer.

Thanks, will have to look into that supplement. Anything that helps will be a godsend!

Ha I like the name too, I didn't come up with it but it's a more pleasant label for what is quite a taboo and misunderstood subject ��

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think I recall HalfJack saying she does it on a thread somewhere. It may have been skin picking or both but it rings a bell.

More a skin picker, myself.

There is an interesting supplement called NAC that has some study behind it that shows it helps with these conditions.

I like the term "trichsters", it makes you sound like a mischievous anxiety sufferer.

Did it work?

Thread Information