Thread: Really worried about palps

Really worried about palps

Over the last few years I've really had increased anxiety over everything and have at many different time been convinced I am gong to die for various reasons. I know I have anxiety and I just hadn't been to the dr about until I stated getting heart palpitations. 3 month ago i experienced what I would call missed beats, I went to the dr who was very happy to diagnose as anxiety and I was told to practice breathing and focus etc... they did stop after that for about a month I would say, until they came back and haven't gone away since.
    I have had blood work and 2 ecgs which have all came back normal. They don't catch the etopics on the ecg as I only seem to have them when my heart rate is not elevated (which it always is when I'm near a dr) The dr was able to hear one while listeneing to my heart and she said "yes, that's etopic beat nothing to worry about" HA I wish! I was given propranolol 80mg once a day and now I swear they are even worse and more noticeable and not just missed beats anymore but like knocking feeling. I am very worried and have been even more super anxious about it, which I know doesn't help matters. I feel like sometimes almost every beat is wrong. The dr doesn't seem like it's a problem and I don't know what to do from here. I am currently on a very long wait to get the 24 hours heart monitor. Since I just started on the propranolol this week is it possible in need time to adjust to it or should I go back to the dr? Is it really possible to get 1000s of palps day and really be okay? I also have been getting headrushes since starting the meds too. It feels so hard to function and act normal when I felll this way.

Re: Really worried about palps

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I've had them on and off for years but this past year has been especially difficult. With the amount of reading I've done, forums I've visiting and doctors I've seen, I know without a doubt that these things won't do any real physical harm to me, but for some reason I can not convince myself to ignore them. I wish I had some advice for you but all I have is reassurance. These beats are not dangerous in structural healthy hearts. It's just our burden to figure out a way to live with them. I just have no idea how to do it.

If you need someone to talk with about them, feel free to send me a message.

Thread Information