Over the last few years I've really had increased anxiety over everything and have at many different time been convinced I am gong to die for various reasons. I know I have anxiety and I just hadn't been to the dr about until I stated getting heart palpitations. 3 month ago i experienced what I would call missed beats, I went to the dr who was very happy to diagnose as anxiety and I was told to practice breathing and focus etc... they did stop after that for about a month I would say, until they came back and haven't gone away since.
I have had blood work and 2 ecgs which have all came back normal. They don't catch the etopics on the ecg as I only seem to have them when my heart rate is not elevated (which it always is when I'm near a dr) The dr was able to hear one while listeneing to my heart and she said "yes, that's etopic beat nothing to worry about" HA I wish! I was given propranolol 80mg once a day and now I swear they are even worse and more noticeable and not just missed beats anymore but like knocking feeling. I am very worried and have been even more super anxious about it, which I know doesn't help matters. I feel like sometimes almost every beat is wrong. The dr doesn't seem like it's a problem and I don't know what to do from here. I am currently on a very long wait to get the 24 hours heart monitor. Since I just started on the propranolol this week is it possible in need time to adjust to it or should I go back to the dr? Is it really possible to get 1000s of palps day and really be okay? I also have been getting headrushes since starting the meds too. It feels so hard to function and act normal when I felll this way.