Thread: So so worried I have Ovarian Cancer.

So so worried I have Ovarian Cancer.

Hi All,

I am a huge HA sufferer and now I am freaking out I have ovarian cancer. I am almost 41 years old and have been have slightly irregular cycles for a few months now, but I have also been having pain in my lower right abdominal area, I'm thinking it is ovarian pain. I have also been having pain in my lower back, my hip, and if I bend my legs up into the fetal position it feels as though this is pressure as if something is there? I'm beside myself with worry, I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday where I will ask for a scan.

Im so worried about not being there for my kids and keep thinking that of all the people having symptoms on this forum, I will be the actual one that gets cancer.

I don't know how I am going to get through the next several days it is going to be torture. Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: So so worried I have Ovarian Cancer.

Hi, just remember that getting symptoms of the thing you're afraid of is completely NORMAL. Our minds are so powerful and is how we even process symptoms at all. Like there's people (like monks) who can stop feeling anything or any symptoms of a condition just with their mind. Just think that's how connected our minds are to our bodies. If someone can do that even with a real condition, then you can see just how easy it is for people like us (with HA) to get powerful convincing symptoms and sensations of something even though we don't actually have the condition. It's horrible really, like our brains are working against themselves. But I've learnt that keeping away from stress and trying to simple accept the symptoms when they happen without any fear, eventually does die it down. It is completely normal to still feel them again sometimes for a while because our brain is still in that habit. Maybe you can try forming a new healthy habit like a hobby to try and speed it along? I hope this helps and good luck with the scan.

Thread Information