Thread: Anxiety and skipped beats

Anxiety and skipped beats

Can anxiety really bring them on? When I'm really anxious and zoned in I can get them every third beat for hours. I fail to see how your kind can cause your heart to skip? Convinced it's something underlying. But then last night I was worrying about dizzy spells I keep getting and had no ectopic beats. Possibly because my mind was fixated on something else?

Re: Anxiety and skipped beats

Hya, I'm in the same state you are at the moment. Kinda what brought me back to this forum. It started when I was checking my pulse as a good hypochondriac should... And then i felt the missing beats. Strange sensation in my heart section when I focus on it.

But I seem not to notice them when I'm riding a bike or doing something that takes my mind of it. My dad says he has them all his life.

It sucks being me sometimes... It's always something... :(

At this point, I can bring on my ectopics just by thinking about them so your mind can definitely cause it to skip.

I recently joined this forum and somebody linked me to a cardiologist on YouTube called York Cardiology. I can't stress enough how much of a positive impact these videos have had on my heart anxiety. I now understand what causes ectopics and that they're totally harmless. If you search for his videos on skipped beats and thuds, I'm sure you'll find it useful.

He also explains why skipped beats can be associated with dizziness, breathlessness and a sinking feeling. In my case, all of this is caused by anxiety and panic, and is 100% harmless.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for replying. You are totally right.

Thread Information